EBF. Spotting at 5 months pp? Period or not?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
1 week I thought I got my period.

I had no cramping or anything. I just looked down and saw some blood in my undies. So I put a pad on. Looked exactly like a period starting, it was red blood.

So then I didn't bleed again until today! I seem to be spotting now. It's super light pink on a pantyliner. I have been wearing them since it's not heavy enough to wear a pad, but it's still enough to need something. I am getting a SUPER light cramp once in a while, but it's not like "period" cramps.

It's not possible that I'm pregnant. I will mention, however, that the first time we were able to successfully DTD was probably a little over 2 weeks ago as it still hurt when we tried! It was the first time we had done it since she was born, and we used a condom. (It did NOT feel good, it still hurt!!!)

I guess I'm just worried it could be an infection? Surely there would be other symptoms though?

Is it likely that it's my period trying to come back? Or has anyone had spotting on and off while EBF without a period?

Thanks!

I had break through spotting super randomly like that when i was breastfeeding.
Both times it happened similarly to yours. It never turned into a period or anything. ( i knew bc i was charting). I never got my cycles back until after i was done BFing totally.
But i did get random bouts of what you are describing.

break through bleeding is very common and normal.
For some women it *could* indicate the return of AF, for many it just happens bc of hormonal fluctations but doesn't actually lead to a cycle. So it's hard to say IA.

in the meantime, always consider yourself fertile bc you can ovulate before your first PP AF. So keep using some form of BC, just in case.

I had some bright red, but light (only just made it to my undies) bleeding for 2 days a week or two back.

Think it's just hormones being confused etc. as the two days before the bleeding I had ewcm and an almost positive opk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->