EBM - How much Cream??

Seraphim

Amazing Baby Girl
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me, when you've expressed milk and it separates, what percentage of it is cream?

I've searched and searched but can't find anything.
I'm sure I read someone say their milk was about 1/3 cream.
Mines nowhere neeeear that :nope:

I know we all worry and scrutinise everything, but it would help to know how it is for others.

not sure, but usually, on average, if i express 3oz, about 1/2 an ounce is cream when it separates... that could make it 1/6th cream in my case i guess.
i dont think there's A right or wrong abount of cream though coz we're all different i s'pose... i know if they get too much foremilk rather than the creamy stuff, they tend to poo green rather than yellow, so if poo is ok & bubs is gaining weight, i figure the balance must be ok???

Mine's nowhere near that much, and La is still piling weight on. Don't worry!

I think I get about 1/2 ounce per 3 oucnes at most? :shrug: It is hard to say as I ususally immediately transfer mine to bags. Hmm... I just expressed... I will go put it back in the bottle and leave it for a bit and let you know! :thumbup:

1/3 sounds like A LOT of cream. A 5 oz bottle from me will seperate to maybe 1/2 oz of cream, and my baby is a little butterball.

For me it varies. The most I've had was between 1/3 and 1/2 cream, but that was only once.
usually its just less than a 1/3 cream, and Emily put on 10oz last week!!

I get more cream at night time compared to day time.

same here. 1st thing in the morning it's almost all foremilk & just looks like coloured water with the tiniest layer of white on top, but at the end of the day when I have a bath sometimes, it's really white milk & when settled, it's about 3/4s foremilk stuff & 1/4 cream, iykwim?

I get more cream at night time compared to day time.

Ahhh that could be the difference.
I normally only get time to express in the morning.

Thanks everyone.
I'm going to have a go now and see if it differs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->