ebm, mixing milk from different expressing sessions.

Bug11

Reaction score
I've recently started expressing and lo typically takes 3oz at a time. If I express in the eve I typically only get 1-2oz bit in the mornings I can express 4-5 oz. For storage purposes both in the fridge and freezer Am I ok to mix milk from different pumping sessions as long as they are both within the same couple of days?

I sometimes do if I only manage a few ounces? I'll save it and pump again in the morning and put them together? And sometimes if what I pump is mostly foremilk I mix it with another as well...sure hope it's not a bad thing I never even thought?

I've just been reading the guidelines on Kellymom website, really helpful thing I've just printed for the fridge door:

https://www.kellymom.com/store/freehandouts/milkstorage01.pdf

This bit answers youe questions:

"Milk from different pumping sessions/days may be combined in one container – use the date of the first milk expressed"

I do this. I dont want to use up so many bm bags so I fill them up to about 6 oz and that means a couple pumping sessions since I only pump couple times a day with a manual when I'm a little too full. I'm sure its fine. I actually just pump right into previously expressed milk thats been in the fridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->