ecstasy and pregnancy

S

sara420

i used ecstasy and acid and other drugs during the first couple of weeks of my pregnancy... i didnt know i was pregnant at the time, and since i found out i've given all of that up... but i'm still worried.. does anyone know if that could hurt my baby? like should i tell a doctor about it, or is the damage already done?

I would mention it to your doctor lovely xxx

I would go ahead and mention it to your doctor. I honestly can't say (and am not sure anyone can say with certainty) if your baby would have come to any harm from your previous use.

I would def say to ur doctor just to be on the safe side. At least ur not taking it now so u wont cause any damage to munckin now. But just pop it to them when u see them next just to be sure. x

I think the topic will come up when you have your first booking appointment. I had mine last week and was asked allsorts, including this.

An ex friend ov mine used drugs throught her pregnancey! made me sick! but she used canabis, extacey, sleeping tablets and drank like an old drunk. i got the impression she didnt actually want her baby, but hes absolutley fine hun! i dont think its right in any way and would love to slap any1 doin it, but i wouldnt worry too much at least ur not doin it now! and if her poor baby can survive and be healthy after she done that i think ur baby will be fine.
xx

i did use alcohol with my 10yr old son,didnt know i was pregnant untill i was 6 months gone,i was gettn drunk and partying most weekends,didnt feel the need to test for pregnancy as i was still having periods.Wasnt untill i gained weight i decided to test just to see.He s perfectly fine and strangly above averagfe in his academic skills.i cant believe it,he was also 81b born to my suprise as i wasnt hardly that big.
im sure your ok..
xx

I was smoking til 6 weeks cos i didnt find out til then, and had the odd night out before i found out too. I wouldnt worry too much, smackheads have babys, their babys are addicted and have to be weaned off which is horrid and makes me sick, but they survive. X

The midwife will ask at your booking appointment. Just be honest with her. x

a friend of mine had a massive drugs and alcohol binge the week before she found out she was pregnant. her daughter is now 4 and doing well at school! hope this helps. i think as long as you dont use from now on you will be fine, but like others said, the midwife will talk about it with you in youre booking appointment.

Hey I would mention it but I'm guessing you found out pretty early on so I'm sure baby will be fine, as there will be plenty time for ht estuff to get out of the system.
It's if you are still using far into the pregnancy that you need to worry as then the baby would need to be in intensive care to come off it (happened to who was meant to be my godson).

I drank loads and loads before I found out I was pregnant, as it was halloween and I was out with all my friends. Turns out I got pregnant 10 oct and didn't find out til mid nov, my son was and is fine :)

yep, agree with the others...you will be asked at yr first MW appt, its one of the questions she asks. just be straight....its easier to answer a question rather than bring the subject up!

Im sure you are staying clear now....but keep it that way, its best really!! x

Be honest with your Dr, they're not there to judge and if there are any problems they can be spotted early on.

I know everyone's saying baby will be fine, and it's probably so, but of course there are many issues related to drug use in pregnancy. Might be worth having a nuchal scan to put your mind at rest.

i used ecstasy and acid and other drugs during the first couple of weeks of my pregnancy... i didnt know i was pregnant at the time, and since i found out i've given all of that up... but i'm still worried.. does anyone know if that could hurt my baby? like should i tell a doctor about it, or is the damage already done?

Darling my girlfriend was in the same boat, she used alot of drugs (in and out of rehab) before knowing she was pregnant. Her doctor wasn't at all concerned as the begining weeks are more fertilization, implantion, the yolk sac etc etc, not alot of baby development very early on.

Her little girl is 100% perfect and healthy and turns one in January.
Don't stress, many women NOT ttc have gone out on binge drinking affairs, some have used some form of recreational drug and most stop once they realize their period didn't arrive and they have got a BFP.

All will be fine honey:hugs:

Can't help thinking that all these posts which are simply intended to be reassuring might be taken as encouragement to a person who was keen to carry on using drugs (not you Sara420 but guests to the website). Many of the babies born to people using drugs and alcohol may seem and actually be fine, but many may begin to exhibit behavioural, mental and other problems later in life. If you are trying to get pregnant and once you know you are pregnant (if it was unplanned) it is definitely not ok to continue to use recreational drugs and/or alcohol. Just in case.

I have no clue, but would recommend asking someone with a medical degree and knowledge about the impacts on an embryo regarding chemical substances.

Dont be offended by this since you did ask the question so you'll possibly get varied answers.
My mum drank, smoked, took drugs etc with 4 of her pregnancies and at the age of 17 whilst pregnant with number 1 (that being me) she was found flat out on the floor glue sniffin and inhailing gas from a can...
The results of that-
I was 11 weeks early, I almost died, I have always been underweight and have suffered with a chronic chesty cough since I was around 4.
I know you said you only took it the once and have given up (which is a brilliant thing and you should be proud) but drugs/alcohol etc, whilst pregnant, CAN have a lasting affect on the baby..
Some women get away with it and manage to have healthy children but some (like my mother) end up having premature born bubs with many complications.
Good on you for giving up :)
Definitely mention it to a MW when you see one. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"