Ectopic after IUI?

Hope16

Reaction score
Is it common to have ectopic pregnancies after IUI procedures?

I am cautiously pregnant with low hcg and low progesterone #s. I bled for 5 days last week, but my hcg continued to double until they only took a small jump yesterday.

My betas were:

Doctor suspects it implanted abnormally and it most likely could be ectopic. I will have an ultrasound Friday to find where it implanted.
Anyone have experience with this?

Sorry you're going through this! I just had similar kinds of numbers after a FET, and I was afraid of an ectopic, but finally the numbers went down on their own and I miscarried naturally.

Did you have the ultrasound? What's the news?

My numbers jumped from 90 to 190 so I was advised yesterday that I need to come in for the shot. They took my height, weight, temperature and blood pressure. I go back at noon and we will discuss the hcg levels and I will get the shot.

I woke up this morning and was bleeding again. I have tension on my left side which is weird because the ectopic mass is on my right side. I am a ball of emotions. Angry, sad, overwhelmed, scared. My husband just doesn't understand because it's not happening to him. He gets to be a spectator from the sidelines and I am the one that has to get poked for blood draws and get pumped with hormones. Now I have to get another big needle full of a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. Plus I hate the idea of waiting another 3 months to try again. I am going to be 36 years old this August so a part of me feels like I'm racing the clock. It just seems so unfair.

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's unfair, and it sucks.

3 months will feel like an eternity, but trust the doctors that any dangers from the shot will be out of your body by then.

Does your husband come with you for all of the appointments? I reached a point where I was feeling resentful of my husband because he didn't really get how much it was wearing me down. He started tagging along to every little appointment after we talked about it, and that really helped us get through it together. He still doesn't have to get poked and prodded, but it helped me not feel alone.

I hope you get to move on from this soon. Sending good thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->