Ectopic caused anovualtion?

Waiting to O

Reaction score
Hi. I am 31 yrs old and successfully conceived after only 2 months off BC. I had an ectopic with my first pregnancy in January 2014. I caught it early and did not lose my tube (had 1 dose of Methotrexate). It took me 14 weeks to get a period after that. Since then my body will not ovulate and I have not been getting a period. My OB started me on Clomid 50 mg CD 3-7 last month and I did not ovulate until CD 28. Got my period on CD 39 or 1 technically. This month my Dr. put me on Clomid 100 mg CD 3-7 and I am at CD 18 and nothing again. I am temping and using OPK's. Also, my mother is and Ultrasound tech and she said I have lots of healthy folicles and a thick endometrium every time she checks me. She said I do not have classic signs of PCOS on ultrasound. Has anyone ever had this situation? If so, any advice? It is becoming so frustrating to know nothing about my body. My insurance will not cover an RE until October.

Anybody? I see over a 100 views. Just want to see if anyone has gone through a similar situation. Thanks!

I have had two ectopics, one was treated with methotrexate. I cant specifically help re. A ovulation but have you not been told not to ttc for at least 6 mths? Methotrexate can cause birth defects?

I have had two ectopics, one was treated with methotrexate. I cant specifically help re. A ovulation but have you not been told not to ttc for at least 6 mths? Methotrexate can cause birth defects?

Thanks for your response marymoomin. I was told by my OB and Primary care that it is fine to start TTC starting after 3 months as long as I went back on Prenatal Vitamins after my HCG reached below 5. This way by the time 3 months hit, I would have plenty of folic acid back in my body and plenty of healing time too.

The reason that Methotrexate works in ending the pregnancy is because it depletes your body of folic acid. Without folic acid the fetus will reabsorb into the body. The fetus can also develop neural tubal birth defects with a deficiency of folic acid. So basically make sure you are getting plenty of folic acid anytime, not just after methotrexate. :flower:

Also, congrats on your daughter and twins. It is enlightening to know that some people over come such horrible events.

Yes there is definitely hope post ectopic. I had two. The first one was misdiagnosed until 8+3 and I ruptured in the hospital lift. I then conceived my dd on round two of clomid and then had another ectopic that was treated with methotrexate. I was told to wait 6 mths(perhaps overly conservative for the folic acid reason as you say) and conceived identical twins naturally. Please don't give up hope. I wish you all the luck in the world! ( I had a hsg after the second ectopic and I often wonder if this cleared a path, so to speak?!)

Thank you again! I was told that they will likely perform an hsg if I have a second ectopic, but I can't even regulate my cycle since January (I was always 28-29 days prior to January). Seems like such a long time.

Good news on one note is that I got a positive LH today! Only problem with that is my husband is in China on business until Saturday. Ugh! I hope this egg holds out until he gets home. I guess we shall see. I am temping and haven't had a temp increase yet so maybe there is hope. I can't believe we may miss this by one day! Such long cycles that God only knows when it will happen again. FX[-o<

Yes there is definitely hope post ectopic. I had two. The first one was misdiagnosed until 8+3 and I ruptured in the hospital lift. I then conceived my dd on round two of clomid and then had another ectopic that was treated with methotrexate. I was told to wait 6 mths(perhaps overly conservative for the folic acid reason as you say) and conceived identical twins naturally. Please don't give up hope. I wish you all the luck in the world! ( I had a hsg after the second ectopic and I often wonder if this cleared a path, so to speak?!)

Stay positive! And go for it anyway even if it seems like a day late. I remember the aftermath especially after the first ectopic and it was hard to remain optimistic. I was booked in to have my other tube removed "just in case" my consultant said, and 11 weeks before surgery I found out I was pregnant with my eldest. Keep going and I have everything crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->