Ectopic pregnancy/mourning help?

UNPINK

Reaction score
i had 2 mos of heavy/painful bleeding. i assumed it was a normal (but heavy) period.
i waited, thinking my body/period was changing w/ age (38).
pain became unbearable, so i made appt w/ obgyn.

i was diagnosed w/ an ectopic pregnancy on 10/17/17 (hcg level 45,421 and measured at 6-7 wks).
rec'd methatrexate injection the following morning and bloodwork every 4 days. dr advised against surgery (i do not have children yet).

embryo has detached from my tube but did not shrink in size.
bleeding/pain became manageable and eventually almost stopped.
my hcg level is now 10,483. next ultrasound is on mon 11/06/17.

then today, the cramping has returned and i'm beginning to bleed/spot.
is this normal?

i was not planning for pregnancy...i was actually trying to prevent it.
however, watching other women in dr office excited about their ultrasounds while i have to watch mine slowly die/dissolve has put me in an un-explainable mood/depression. is this normal? am i just (still) hormonal? any advice?

Everything your feeling is normal xx

sorry for your loss, this pregnancy was unexpected but if anything had happened I would be mourning

I've ever had an ectopic, but I've had 3 miscarriages and the feelings you are having are normal. I actually think/wish OB's had a separate waiting area for women experiencing a loss. I remember how upset I was sitting there with all those happy pregnant women while I was losing mine. So sorry this happened.

About the bleeding and cramping almost stopping and then starting up again, with my miscarriages I didn't experience that. Once the horrible (labor like) cramping finished, I didn't have anymore that severe. Once my bleeding stopped, I do recall spotting for, what seems, at least a week or so, but I don't think it ever started back as heavy bleeding or even normal flow like bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->