Ectopic pregnancy question

Novabel

Reaction score
What week can you safely say you're out of the danger zone for ectopic?

I was hoping to get a scan by now since I'm 9 weeks today but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

I honestly don't know if I'm pregnant right now but I've missed three periods, have symptoms on and off and my body has never done this before. My doctor sent me for blood work to see if it's a hormone problem since I can't get a positive on a pee or blood test so I have no clue.

I have to wait another month until I can get those results and I would be in my 2nd trimester by then lol

If it was a hormone problem would I be getting rlp? All along the 'v' of my pelvis hurts but on my right (and sometimes my left) I get a sharp pain; that's why I'm worried about ectopic.

I feel like I've been hit by a bus most days bleh...

I'm not bleeding or anything, no fever just that steady sharp pain that comes and goes.

I wish I could just get a positive test or get an ultrasound...

Thanks in advance for any answers!

You might be able to find a place you can pay for a private scan if you have the money

You might be able to find a place you can pay for a private scan if you have the money

I've been looking but they all need referrals from doctors. I'm in Nova Scotia Canada, and on top of it I'm living in the small town of Yarmouth so it's very difficult :(

Sorry to hear that i hope you get some answers soon

If you are having negative blood pregnancy tests then I would be massively surprised if you were pregnant.

If you have missed three periods then you would also be more than 9 weeks unless you have a very short cycle. How long are your cycles? Missing three cycles would make you at least 12 weeks. If you had a 12 week ectopic pregnancy which was undiagnosed, my guess is you would be dead.

If you are having negative blood pregnancy tests then I would be massively surprised if you were pregnant.

If you have missed three periods then you would also be more than 9 weeks unless you have a very short cycle. How long are your cycles? Missing three cycles would make you at least 12 weeks. If you had a 12 week ectopic pregnancy which was undiagnosed, my guess is you would be dead.

Oops nope I meant to write two, I'm stuck on three because I'm suppose to start on the 18 and it's showing no signs of coming. I had the blood test when I was around 4 weeks (possibly) and my doctor was sure it would come back positive. I showed her my chart and it was very obvious when I o'd and when the implantation dip happened, and then when my temps went up and didn't drop after. I guess my thyroid was acting sluggish and she said that was also a sign of pregnancy.

I had bad night time nausea up until this month and I would get sick every time I tried to eat. I also had all the normal pregnancy symptoms (fatigue, food adversion, frequent urination etc) along with weird things like blurry vision even though I just got a new prescription and glasses in November.

The worst has been the girls tho, I was an H cup before this started and now I don't fit in that so I have no idea what to do there lol

My doctor was checking my hormones because all the women in my family have PCOS and she said the fluctuating hormones could be messing up the tests but I'm not hopeful.

Like I said, I have no idea what's up, I just know I've been regular all my life with 32 day cycles and the moment I try to get pregnant BAM this happens.

I'm just worried about ectopic because of the pains. The area around my uterus is constantly pulling and pinching with pain I've never had before. It feels like I've been doing sit ups everyday and that's false lol

I doubtful that I'm pregnant as well but until the doc finally gifts me with an ultrasound (sometime in march at this rate) I won't know. And I don't want to act like I'm not pregnant just in case something is wrong.

My uterus (or the area around it) has been twitching a lot too. It's really weird, almost like if my eye is twitching. That's never happened before either and it freaks me out haha

All your symptoms sound promising and i agree just treat yourself as you are until they finally say otherwise hopefully you can convince them to get that scan sooner

I really wouldn't worry about an ectopic. With mines, there was no sign anything was wrong until I had agonising cramps (as in, I woke up screaming and went straight to hospital) - the pain was worse than labour or recovery from c-section. I was only 5 weeks when mines was diagnosed.

My friend has pcos and her symptoms sound a lot like yours.

All your symptoms sound promising and i agree just treat yourself as you are until they finally say otherwise hopefully you can convince them to get that scan sooner

That's my plan :) if they can't get me in sooner I just might go to the hospital and say I think I'm having an ectopic and see if they'll get me an ultrasound. I hate lying though and it would be really awkward if there was no baby at all in there lol

I'll take it day by day I guess.

Hey i know lying isnt right but if it will get it done then so be it say you had a few faint positives and now your having alot of pain if nothing then just say you dont know whats going on

I really wouldn't worry about an ectopic. With mines, there was no sign anything was wrong until I had agonising cramps (as in, I woke up screaming and went straight to hospital) - the pain was worse than labour or recovery from c-section. I was only 5 weeks when mines was diagnosed.

My friend has pcos and her symptoms sound a lot like yours.

Ectopic is terrifying, that's so scary. Sorry you had to go through that :(

I might be crazy by the time things get sorted out at this point but I'll be happy to know either way. Thank you for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->