Ectopic Pregnancy??

Breezy

Mommy to one gorgeous boy
Reaction score
I am around 4 weeks pregnant today (miscarried two months ago) and I am having a lot of side pain.... It feels like a side ache and then down the left side of my abdomen. I am slightly panicking because it feels really painful and I'm not sure if I should wait until tomorrow to call the doctor or what I should do. It's not what I would call SEVERE pain but it's very different than what I have experienced in either of my other pregnancies. It's definitely an annoying soreness and fullness. Any ideas?

I didn't want to read and run, I haven't had an ectopic pregnancy. Is there a health link or something you could call? Hope it's nothing and all is well. :hugs:

from 4 weeks thru 6 weeks i had one sided pain twice daily and ive actually had tan spotting in week 5 but it wasnt accompanied with the cramping, although the cramping occurred same day when i was not spotting anymore. i also knew what caused my spotting after gaining knowledge of why it happens so commonly in week 5. but yea all i had was one sided pain for those 3 weeks. it really made me think i was having an ectopic but when i went to the doctor he told me basicly he didnt think there was anything to worry about since i wasnt bleeding and its my first pregnancy. he told me to just stop worrying and that my chances of having a normal pregnancy were great. he was right. at my 8 + 6 wk ultrasound, it confirmed that the baby was healthy and in my uterus. oh, and also, my one sided pain didnt stop til week 7 which actually transitioned to menstrual-like cramping, meaning my uterus was growing.

I get pain that feels sort of like it might be my ovaries, I think it's just part of the round ligament stretching. Not sure what you should do, to tell the truth. Sorry! :flower:

I had a similar pain on my right side, and believe me, I did TONS of research on it. From my understand it is more than likely a cyst, which is apparently very common and nothing to worry about.

Congrats on your bfp!!

Like Pansorie said, it`s most likely due to a cyst (corpus luteum); I had it as well. I had early U/S with both girls and both times saw the corpus luteum that was cause the pain. It lasted a few weeks (on and off) and then faded away. I've never had an ectopic pregnancy, but from what I understand 4 weeks would be a little early to get pain.

I agree with the other posters that it's likely your corpus luteum cyst. Mine are a bit uncomfortable at times. With my ectopic pregnancy a few years ago, I had spotting around week 5 that led me to go in early and see a dr. After a scan and bloodwork we found out that it was likely ectopic. It is highly unlikely that you have an ectopic, but I would give your dr a call this morning and let them know you are concerned. They may be able to do some bloodwork for reassurance.

Hope this helps and congrats on your pregnancy. :flower:

hi there iv had a etopic pregnancy which was removed at 8 weeks- I had zero pain so I wouldn't say it was a sign
he only way I realised was I started bleeding at 6.weeks and had scans etc otherwise I wouldn't have had a clue!
iv had more pain this time and I no everything is in the right place as I had a scan at.6.5 weeka- the ovaries can ache In the beginning as they are excreting alot of hormones and obviously the uterus is growing etc. try to sit it out BuT if it persists or becomes really crampy I'd go to the docs just for your own peace of mind xxx

I had this pain during week 4. It sent me into a panic. I rushed to the hospital to have bloods drawn and I had an emergency scan a couple of weeks later.

I have a healthy pregnancy.

The doctor told me it's very common for there to be pain near one of the ovaries shortly after conception...It can be a cyst on the ovary or it can simply be the rush of hormonal changes and swelling in that area.

It's totally normal and an ectopic generally wont produce pain until later on anyway.

:hugs:

Hi- I had an ectopic pregnancy exactly one year ago. I think 4 weeks is way too early to be feeling any pain from an ectopic. Your doctor wouldn't even be able to diagnose the ectopic until 6, maybe 5 weeks at the absolute earliest anyway. Ectopic pregnancies are unlikely to cause any serious problems or pain until you are farther along, like 7-8 weeks or so. I personally didn't feel any pain from mine. I only found out because of low/slow rising HCG levels, spotting and bleeding (thought it was a "normal" miscarriage) at six weeks, and then HCG levels that continued to rise even after my "miscarriage" + a D&C to rule out any pregnancy tissue in my uterus all probably around 7 weeks. What you are feeling is probably very normal, or more likely your corpus luteum - the left over cyst from where you ovulated from. This is all very normal. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->