Ectopic? (Repost)

krulci

Reaction score
Hey mamas! Anyone on here had an ectopic or know someone who did? Did your/their tube rupture or was it caught in time?

I'm having mild cramping on my far right side, and just started spotting. Because it's after clinic hours, my MW would like to see me in the morning, assuming things don't get worse. I don't know a whole lot about ectopic pregnancies, aside from the basics, and am not finding much more in my internet searches. Any help you can supply is much appreciated!! Xx

Hi hun. Sorry, but no advice.... With ectopic pain is really sharp... Maybe if you feel worse, go to ER asap?

Thank you so much for the response! 😊 I know the pain gets pretty extreme, but I guess I'm wondering if it gradually builds? I will definitely head to a hospital if it moves beyond the dull ache that it is now. Xx

Mild cramping and spotting could be a normal pregnancy, a miscarriage or an ectopic- I've had all 3! My 2 ectopics never ruptured thankfully. Just had odd bleeding - in fact I had a period when period was due and just happened to take a HPT afterwards and it was positive. Seemed odd and then I continued to get this on and off ache on my left side with browny prune juice like spotting. They monitored my hcg and eventually had a scan at 6 weeks and confirmed nothing in uterus but something odd by my left ovary (same place on both ectopics). They always say that if bleeding gets heavy go in and if pain severe go in. If it's mild you can usually wait and watch. Hope this helps!

My friend had an ectopic a few years ago, she had on and off spotting but no cramping. She had a scan at 6 weeks to confirm it was ectopic. I hope it's not ectopic for you, good luck. X

Thank you, ladies! That was hugely helpful! Mitchi - so nice to hear yours didn't rupture!! That is my biggest fear, at this point. Going in for a scan tomorrow. I'll post an update when we no more!

My ectopic didn't rupture and I had no pain all the way to 10 weeks when I had to have surgery. I'm currently being monitored for this pregnancy to see if it's ectopic since I bled bright red for about 5 days when af was due. One thing that is certain is that nothing is certain about ectopics. My levels were just doubling appropriately with mine but scan after scan showed nothing in my uterus. That being said I knew with my ectopic something was wrong because I bled heavy with clots and thought there could be nothing left inside me to grow a baby. I'm hopeful this time that I just had breakthrough bleeding because there were no clots and I had a thick uterine lining at my scan. The best way to monitor EP is blood test every two days and frequent internal scans. When your hcg reaches 1,500 a gestational sac should be able to be seen with an internal scan. If your hcg is doubling until then it's just a waiting game unfortunately! I feel your pain and the next couple of weeks will be super hard!

Thank you for all of the responses! They were immensely helpful. I had a scan, yesterday, and I showed the baby in the uterus. :) The baby was a little small, but that's not altogether unusual for my kids. I guess we wait and see now!

Hey hun! So glad to hear everything is going well. I have an EDD of October 6th!
I wanted to post before I saw your last reply of my experiences. In my last pregnancy and this one I have had spotting as well as cramps on the right side.

That's fantastic news! I'm so hopeful that we will see our bean in the right place in the next week or so. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->