Ectropion or "cervical erosion"

Padan1111

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies

I was on this board 3 weeks ago to ask about spotting and for reassurance, which I received! So I thought I would pay it back (or forawrd?) a bit by filling in from there on what I've found!

So I was spotting at 7 weeks until my booking in appointment at 8 weeks and then have been spotting every day since then and now (at 10 weeks). The spotting is never more than a thumbnail of brown on a pad, but every day it was getting a bit concerning.

I have found out that this can be a symptom of "cervical erosion" or ectropion while pregnant. An ectropion is when cells that normally grow inside the cervix extend outside of it. They are more sensitive and so will bleed if aggravated or even not! I was diagnosed with this after my first pregnancy when I went back on the pill. The hormones were apparently making the situation worse causing constant light bleeding between periods. Apparently it is very common for women who have been on the pill for a long time to develop this (10 years plus in my case).

So if you are having spotting, it might be this!

Great post. I had brown spotting from 7 weeks abd it was cervical erosion. My advice would be if scan doesnt show abything ask for them to check your cervix. Apparently they can see it by doing a quick examine- like a smear test.

I've had spotting every day from weeks 5-7 and had one days worth a couple of days ago. Did they say there is anything you could do for cervical erosions? They said it the spotting continues to go to the GP for them to look at my cervix but I've been avoiding that.

Hiya

There is a procedure you can have for it but I doubt they'd do it while you were pregnant. It's cauterising the problematic cells, essentially burning them away.

It might be worth getting them to check you cervix if only for peace of mind :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->