Ecv

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by heather118, Oct 8, 2008.

  1. heather118

    heather118 Mum of 2 & pregnant #3

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Messages:
    294
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    im just back from the hospital and i've been told that LO is still breech, she has been since 18 weeks. Im not very keen on the idea of having a ECV because of the things i have read, but i wanted to know if anyone has any experiences of one?
     
  2. MrsP

    MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2008
    Messages:
    4,204
    Likes Received:
    0
    I haven't hon I'm affraid, still time for little one to turn before then x
     
  3. SalJay

    SalJay Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2008
    Messages:
    563
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm the same and I wait with baited breath for a positive story!!!!

    My midwife seemed postive about them, but I've read they only work in 50% of cases and babs can still flip back......
     
  4. bluebell

    bluebell Proud Mummy :)

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2007
    Messages:
    3,503
    Likes Received:
    45
    My LO was born by c-section last Friday as he was in breech position, and had been since approx week 25.

    My DH and I decided against having an ECV done as we really didn't like the sound of the procedure (it sounds a bit brutal IMO :( ) The stats for it working are fairly low (50%) and many babies will turn back to their original position.

    Our LO was fairly wedged into position so I really don't think it would have worked for us.

    I'm on day 5 after the c-section, and although it was far from being a pleasant experience :lol: I am already starting to feel much better.

    Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope your LO turns befor you have to make your decision :hugs:

    xx
     
  5. PeanutBean

    PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

    Joined:
    May 19, 2008
    Messages:
    18,214
    Likes Received:
    0
    MY MW seemed positive about them when I mentioned it three weeks ago as mine has been transverse for ages so I was getting concerned about it. But I was chatting with my sister this weekend (she has had two) and she didn't seem very taken with them and others on BnB have said they don't want to do it. I tried a google and didn't look long but only saw things saying how very successful they can be and should almost always be tried in the late stages of pregnancy if the baby is in the wrong position. But then I've also read that various things lead to transverse and breech lie and invariably ECV won't make a difference to those conditions. So I'm as stumped as you guys! lol

    Edit: Just read Bluebell's reply as we posted the same time. If mine is still transverse towards the end I don't think I will try it as by then I will be convinced it's because of the abdominal muscle problems I'm having and that I won't be able to support the baby the right way up and so there won't be a point in the ECV.
     
  6. Jem

    Jem Mummy of 2

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    Messages:
    4,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    I find out tomorrow if my baba is breech and if he is I really don't want an ECV! Unless of course someone on here tells me something positive about them!!! x
     
  7. bex

    bex Our little princess

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2008
    Messages:
    2,050
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm in the same postion as you with a naughty breech baby. I think i will have baby turned if shes still breech as i really don't want a c-section, if fact the thought of having an epidural terrifies me. I'd much rather go through ecv and a natural birth rather than an epidural and c section.

    A lady who i go to antenatel class with had her baby turned succesfully last week at 38wks. She said it was really uncomfortable but not as bad as she thought.
     
  8. heather118

    heather118 Mum of 2 & pregnant #3

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Messages:
    294
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have another appointment next week and i will be nearly 38 weeks by then, i have decided not to go ahead with the ECV as i really dont want to risk LO getting stressed. Deep down i know she wont turn as there is just not enough room, but at least i can look forward to meeting her a little sooner.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice