Eczema and dry skin please help!

LucyJ

Mummy to Benjamin xx
Reaction score
Im just over 9 weeks pregnant and my skin is unbearable so very dry and eczema everywhere. Im so grateful to be pregnant after 3 losses. looking for any advice on how to manage cope with my skin its so itchy my face is bad as well.

my eczema is flaring up too

the only thing my doctor said i could use is hydrocortizone

hey mine is getting bad to i use e45 cream seems to help xxxx

I swear by Aveeno. Its oatmeal based and soaks in really nicely. Just slap it on loads and it'll do the trick in no time x x

hello dear...

i have suffered from severe eczema my whole life and this pregnancy is making it flair up... here is some pointers:

1. every time you shower, use *WARM* not *HOT* water (should be doing this anyway since youre preggo)
2. as SOON as you get out, before u even dry off, use some Cetaphil Lotion (you can get it at a drug store for like $10 a tub), then gently pat your skin dry (dont rub too hard, will further aggravate your eczema)
3. after you dry off, put some more on
4. lather up until you look ridiculous before you go to sleep! it doesn't matter how ridiculous you look! this way you will not scratch throughout the night and your skin will still be moisturized when you wake up in the morning.
5. as soon as u wake up, put more lotion on!

for moderate flair ups use Cetaphil (non steroid, non prescription, perfectly safe for pregnancy)

for a more sever flair up, use it's counterpart Aquaphor (also non steroidal and non prescription, can purchase at a drug store)

Ah I have this problem to, I hate it. I have been using oilitum I think it is but it's making no difference. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"