Eczema in pregnancy

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
This time round my eczema has flared up quite bad, its very red sore and itchy so i cant help scratching! But as betnovate is a no-no ive just been using hydrocortisone which doesnt seem to be providing much relief. Has anyone found anything that has helped and is safe during pregnancy? Many thanks, gemma x

Mine has been dreadful as well. I was told to avoid hydrocortisone which sucks because I think that would get rid of it. I've been using goldbond eczema relief at midwife's recommendation. It helps with the itching and redness but still can't get it to go away completely. I have it on inside elbows, wrists, and worst of all my forehead, cheeks and eyelids :( quite unsightly. At least the cream helps it not be so noticible but probably need prescription steroid cream to get rid of it completely and that has to wait til after baby xx

I have it too and can no longer use my medicine either. But I am using coconut oil, tea tree oil and neosporin for eczema!

Im not supposed to use hydrocortisone cream?! Ive been applying it everyday! :nope: xx

Just googled it and seems fine xx. https://www.m.webmd.com/baby/news/2...reams-during-pregnancy-wont-affect-baby-study

Idk hun, different doctors probably recommend different things. The pharmacist told me hydrocortisone cream was fine then my midwife said no so I didn't :shrug: you know how it goes, they say everything is unsafe these days! I'm sure it's fine.

I have to use hydrocortisone to control cheilitis on my lips (it's basically chronic eczema on and around the mouth). If I don't use that to keep a lid on it it would be awful and the effects of the emotional stress would probably outweigh the risks of using the cream!! My mum used to have eczema really bad, until I was born and she's never had it since....seems she passed bad skin onto me though and I'm prone to eczema now!

In that case maybe yours will disappear once baby is born hehe. I get it on my eyelids, around my mouth and chin, sides of my neck, creases in arms and on one wrist, its really irritating atm in more ways than one! If i didnt use hydrocortisone it would be worse as i find that eases the itch x

I feel like mine has gotten way worse with pregnancy. What really clears it up for me is a few min in the tanning bed but obv can't do that :nope: it sucks bc 10 min in the bed and it would be gone next day!

Yea, it's quite odd, my dr actually recommended it! Something about the light helps it. If you google it light therapy is actually a legit treatment for eczema, sounds crazy but works for some. But then mine flares up in the cold weather so maybe that's why?

Ive heard sunbeds help with psoriasis but didnt know helped with eczema. Mine gets worse in the heat and the cold so probably wouldnt work for me lol! Xx

Probably not then :( that's too bad because the tan is a nice bonus! But tanning is so bad for you anyway so maybe for the best lol. I only do it when the eczema makes me desperate! It gets so darn itchy.

Yep sunbeds are really effective. I'm away somewhere sunny next week so hoping that will do some good after endless months of grey weather here!!

Hoping that I don't pass the eczema-gene onto bubba...i'll feel so guilty! I think back to how miserable I was as a child covered in it, not able to sit on carpet or grass etc, I'd hate to give that to my baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->