Eczema?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
I have eczema and ive had it since i was a baby.. but never bad till i got to about 15 .. my doctor told me it will get better and worse depends in pregnancy but it actually got better and i thought it was all under control again .. but its recently came back on my arms and neck and looks like its going to get infected again cause as people with eczema know its hard not to itch it bit i dont as much no more as i know i shouldnt ..

does anyone else have eczema and what do you use for it and everything i only use diprobase for cream now cause i cant use E45 cause i came out in a huge rash with it .. i used to have steriod cream if it was bad but that was short term.

anyone have any advice or they used something that helped them would be nice as i hate it when it comes back really soar and i hate going out with my arms out cause there all blotchy
x

My sister has sever ezcema and has suffered since she was a tiny baby.

She's tried the following:

Clothing
- Only cotton clothing, manmade fibres seemed to irritate
- Only using non-bio powder for senstitive skin and no fabric conditioner

Washing
- Emoillent lotion in the bath
- Nothing scented, Sanex do a range for dermotological conditions
- Not bathing too regularly, sounds a bit gross but the more you wash, the more you dry out your skin

Food
- She's discovered several food allergies over the years, when hers flares up she avoids wheat and dairy and keeps a food diary to monitor anything that triggers it.
- Keeping well hydrated as your skin suffers from dehydration too

Meds
- Plain aqueous cream is the best for moisturising the skin as it contains nothing that can irritate
- Steriod creams applied as soon as the itching starts in order to minimise damage to the skin.

Other tips include sun exposure (but with a good sunscreen) as sunlight has healing properties. Keep as cool as possible and only wear loose, light clothing if it's warm.

Hope that helps.

Thanx anything will help my doctor has said most the stuff you said .. but he said i shouldnt be alergic to anything and if i see that i am then i will have to make a note of it .. but at the minute im eating alsorts as im pregnant so i cant find something it could be but its only just flared up again but i know when its going infected. i think i just need to get some more steriod cream from the doctors and see what happens but i hope it goes its horrible to have and i proberley do bath alot but i thought it made it better cause i use the bath stuff to stop itching but maybe i was wrong haha ill stop bathing so often but when i layer my diprobase cream on it ends up making me itch more with the layers cause im ment to put alot on so i cant win

I have eczema aswell and i found the best way to keep it under control was to get a food tolerance test done.If you cut out the food your intolerant to then your skin should get better hope that helps! x

How did you get that done at the doctors?
theyve never offered me anything like that .. there useless i tell you they just think itll go away and it does for abit but comes bk 10x as bad later on .. my doctor just gives me loads diff creams to try and it just seems pointless if its not a certain food then i havent got a clue! x

same here ive been on so many over the years its ridiculous! ive had it since birth aswell, i got the test done at a health food shop, they have them at most shops as far as i know

I have it and have had it since i was a baby. My mom used to put friken vaseline on it to help with the dryness and cracked places. Cortizone cream works really really well with the itching. Also try to avoid any lotions that have fragrance in them as that will irritate it more.

Have you tried HC45 cream? That's what worked for mine x

I used to use hydrocortisone cream but its a steriod cream so obviously dont stay on it long term.. but iv got that on repeat prescription again and its getting better from 1day of using it so im happy :)
i dont know what HC45 Cream is but iv heard of it :shrug: xx

It is the same thing lmaoo .. i thought it was but my cream dont say HC45 on it i think the box did but i throw them away and just keep the tubes in a first aid box :) x

i had eczema once when i was younger and i hit 16 and i got it bad.

i was all over my body and i had a open wound on my face and it really knocked me for six, it would stop me leaving the house.

one day i got so sick of using creams and tablets so i got in the shower and used my nans dove and my skin started to clear up.

now 2 yrs on i can use what ever i want on my skin and i very raerly get flare ups anymore. i was nervous about gettin worse while pregnant but my skin was great

I know what you mean i used to have it on my eye lids .. and it made them pink (soar looking) all the time mainly when i was at school and people called me :( but as most girls love to wear makeup i couldnt and it really dropped my confidence cause i had dry skin and then marks on my face from the eczema .. the only thing i know im alergic to is like flavoured soaps so i use soaps with nothing in and non-bio washing stuff .. i hope it goes by time im 18 cause i dont want it for rest of my life its really horrible ..my arms are worst of all from shoulder to hands i have eczema badly so its horrible in the summer when i have to cover up cause im paranoid someones going to comment on it or stare at me silly as it sounds
But in pregnancy it was going bad at the start but then cleared up and got loads better but now iv hit 18weeks its suddenly came back but this HC45 cream has worked like it used to when it got bad so im happy right now x

have u had a patch test done? if not u shud defo ask for one as it will tell u what ur allergic to.

by the sounds u sound to be allergic to fragrance which is the same as my sister n soon as she stopped using all fragrance her skin has got better

No i havent had anything my doctor just says he dont think ill be alergic to anything other then the soaps im using and washing powder because that whats always sets it off and nylon i think it is .. its not any food the only food im alergic to is banana and i dont go near that or eat it anyway as i cant lol
just think its suddenly came up cause my horomones and everything
x

I had really bad eczema since i was born and during my pregnancy, But Since i gave birth to Ciaran a year ago i have noticed i don't have it at all anymore but my son has it now His is really bad at the moment :(

I used to use a aloe vera gel thing from the chemist it was brilliant for the itch

Im scared of baby getting eczema cause i know what its like to have it and i wouldnt want them having it growing up i know you cant choose etc but it worries me just all the stuff i went through with it but at least ill know what to do if they have
x

I've had bad eczema since I was born, and like you I've tried alsorts of stuff. I had tests and was found to be allergic to loads of stuff, dust, pollen, grass, additives in stuff etc. Steriod cream was the only thing that cleared my skin up but obviously you can't use it long term. My friend had heard good stuff about Lush Dream Cream, I read the reviews and have to admit I was very skeptical! So I bought some and tried it, I have to say I can't reccommend this stuff more highly! My skin is clear for the first time in years, its amazing stuff. Not cheap mind at £9.60, but you do get a big tub and mines lasted over 8 months now. You can ask for a tester pot of it, and the staff will happily give you a sample. It might not work, but its worth a go.

zanes got abit of eczema but i use olive oil on it n it goes straight away so dont worry about that.

from what uve said it does sound like ur allergic to fragrance and ur doc shud never refuse a patch test the tosser

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->