Eczema

Juicyg

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My little man has eczema and it's gotten quite bad,it's quite pronounced bless him. It doesn't bother him I don't think anyways.

We have been given hydromol cream and bath solution to see if it helps and have stopped using Johnsons stuff. But I'm convinced this hydromol has made it worse!

He has it all over his tummy,under his chin,around his neck,up his arms and on his legs. Plus in the creases on his elbows and knees it's particularly inflamed.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to help it?
I've never experienced eczema before so new to it all x

My DD who's 2 and a half has it terribly. She has various steroid creams, lots of big tubs of everyday cream, bath stuff, special soap and even some medicen to help the itching. We only use all this stuff when it's very bad tho.

I haven't really got much advise as we struggle with it aswell, do you use non bio washing liquid? We use it for everything and that helps x

Hi ya,thanks for your response. The funny thing is we didn't use that kind of washing detergent in the beginning or before he came along and I washed all his clothes for the first time but we do now. Simply because it was on offer a while back and I got a huge tub of the stuff. Same with the comfort pure too. So it's not that.
We have cut out using Johnsons stuff too just in case it's that but again we have used it from the start.
Unless he has changed that is?!
Sorry to hear about your little one, did it take a long time to get the right remedy together if you don't mind me asking.

Was waiting for the docs to ring me back but true to form haven't heard from them yet!!

Tbh there's nothing that's got rid of it all but it seems to go for a while then randomly flare up again. I had it as a child and so did oh so we kinda expected her to get it and we know our DS will aswell when he's a bit bigger.

The steroid cream we use which seems to be the best so far is called clovetasone something similar. Hope you find something that will work for your LO tho :) x

Hi ya,thanks for your response. The funny thing is we didn't use that kind of washing detergent in the beginning or before he came along and I washed all his clothes for the first time but we do now. Simply because it was on offer a while back and I got a huge tub of the stuff. Same with the comfort pure too. So it's not that.
We have cut out using Johnsons stuff too just in case it's that but again we have used it from the start.
Unless he has changed that is?!
Sorry to hear about your little one, did it take a long time to get the right remedy together if you don't mind me asking.

Was waiting for the docs to ring me back but true to form haven't heard from them yet!!

Dunno what I did there to repost what I wrote before!

Oh gosh at least you were expecting it, neither me or my husband have it. But my nephews both do so maybe that's why he has it bless him. Have been prescribed something called double base gel and then seeing the doc Mon so we will see how we get on x

My dd is 2 now and has eczema although I can honestly say she's loads better than she was as a baby so she has definitely grown out of it a lot!

I would Defo stop using comfort aswell, it's a known irritant for baby skin, you just need non bio washing powder and that's all. Steer clear of johnsons and any perfumed soaps, bath stuff etc and if you find the stuff the doc gives you doesn't work keep going back for different creams etc until the combination works for you. We use aveeno moisturiser all over and hydrocortisone for flare ups, good luck :)

I have excezma bad! And I use lots of moustureisers. Aveeno cream is really good. I use it on our newborn I he has any dry skin. You also get aveeno excezma reliefs for baby's. It's oatmeal based and is very natural. Xx

Kizzyt I am using comfort pure,is that no good? I thought that was the one to use for senstive skin?
If I don't use that for softner what do I use as the clothes won't get all soft if I don't use it...

Sorry I'm new to all of this,previous to having bubba I uses whatever detergent/softner was on offer!

Will look into the aveeno cream,although have just been prescribed a new cream by the doc so will be trying that this wkend.

The rash just looks so angry I am hoping it's not bothering him x

I only use non bio washing detergent no extras, Dr's prescribed me lots of stuff that wouldn't help. SO I bought from Tesco's 'Oilatum' which is amazing and is the only cream I've come across that doesn't irritate her. Its flared up and got all septic before and I put breastmilk on it and its not flared up since, using Oilatum as well.

Xxxjessxxx - how do u get your clothes to be nice and soft without softener?

I've thought about using breast milk as have heard it can do wonders,silly question - how would I go about applying it on him? Will take a look at the other lotion too, thanks for your reply x

I don't, I tried comfort pure and she was so much more itchier. So used just non bio and her skin is just dry now, but oilatum moisturises her really well without making her itch.
Yes if you breastfeed do it! its amazing! its a natural anti bacterial. My daughters eczema was all wet, septic and sticky from itching throughout the night and I put milk on it in the morning and it dries it up, she didn't itch, and by the evening it was soo much better :) I just kept applying it occasionally. As for putting it on, I would express a tiny bit there and then in a cup, and use cotton wool to dab it on, make sure its soaked on and flattened though otherwise the fluff can come off onto the eczema. I don't have to do it anymore as since using it - it only flared up once more. You can squirt it on if you have a good aim lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->