• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Eczema

Layla

Reaction score
Coby gets Eczema on his face, its mainly on his cheeks but he does get it bad around his chin and mouth where he dribbles.

The doc has given me some cream ever since he was born but its total crap and he wont give me anything else.

I have tried barrier creams but no joy, I was wondering wheter anyone can recomend anything that they have used?

It doesnt seem to bother him atall but it bothers me, it can flare up and get really red at times :(

xx

You may remember but I made my own cream to treat Noahs Eczmea as I found all the doctor creams, including steriods were rubish. I will be getting my site up and live selling it soon, as a lot of other people have had great success with it too. BBut in the mean time if you want something that should help, the main ingredient is pure shea butter, brilliant stuff works wonders on a numer of skin conditions, as does cold pressed olive oil you can get both in a completly natural form from this site, which I buy loads of my stuff from www.akamuti.co.uk

oo cheers cat, i will order some of the butter stuff and give it ago, i will try anything right now

:)

xx

Oh another thing worth mentioning.Idont know what you currently use to wash Cobby with but the first thing I was told by the doctors was to stop using commerical baby products on Noahs skin, even though they are designed for babies they contain purfumes and chemicals that can aggrivate eczema, so I had to get rid of all the johnsons baby stuff we had etc. If you want to find alternatives I use a range called 'earth friendly baby' they do a combined shampoo and babywash for a very reasonable £3.99 and a £3 baby oil both of which contain chamomile and shea butter and other oils that are great for eczmea. You can pick them up in most health/natural skin care shops or buy online.

If that doesnt work then Eumovate Is fantastic! Its actually adult excema cream that my nan uses, whe we were in florida with the heat her excema got really bad, So I used this cream of my nans twice and it completey cleared and hasnt come back there since!

we have oilatum (sp?) for coby's bath, it works great on his body, but doesnt seem to make much diffrence on his face.

Cheers girls, i will try what you have sugested :)

xx

alana had terrible excema and we used neals yard baby balm, which is all natural and organic and it cleared it up within a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"