• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Edema is becoming unbearable. Any tips?

C

cazd

I'm coming up to 36 weeks with my twins and both of my legs have swollen up. They tingle & burn and my skin feels like it's going to split.

I'm drinking 2 litres of water a day
I'm lying down with my feet elevated so they're higher than my heart.
I lie down for hours every day and wiggle my feet and stretch my calves

My trainers don't fit anymore cos the tops of my feet are swollen.
Last night when I got up to go to bed the pain from all the fluid pressure going back to my feet was breathtaking.
I can't walk much 'cos my ankles won't bend.

Have you guys got any tips for dealing with this?
I ended up in floods of tears this morning cos the pain was so bad.

Please tell me there's a secret cure?
I'm seeing our consultant tomorrow & I'm going to beg for induction.
I've got a feeling not being pregnant is probably the only cure!

Xxxx

I would definitely beg for an induction hun. Sounds like its really doing your head in.

I wouls insist on an induction, that sounds very painful. Let us know what happens..

Ended up in hospital yesterday being scanned for DVT.
Thankfully I'm ok.
But it did prompt the consultant to offer me 37 week induction.
We're seeing her this afternoon to sort out a date.
Can't wait to be able to walk again!

I really feel for you, as I had really bad swelling in my legs also, my right leg was much larger. I could hardly walk and that tight feeling like your skins about to burst it is awful. I also got scanned for blod clots, but came it came back clear. I had an c-section at 35 + 6 due to pre-eclampcia.

I took at least 2 weeks for all the fluid to leave my body, but it was such a relief to be able to walk again, and bend down and pick things off the floor lol. I can laugh now but I was so depressed at the end I just cried all the time.

It is all worth it in the end, hang on in there!! :hugs:

Oh thank you so much for posting. You know exactly what I'm going through!
I got my induction date for next weekend so finally there's light at the end of the tunnel.
2 weeks post birth sounds like ages but again... If I keep that in mind then it's easier to bear.
Thanks xxx

Thats great news about induction date hun..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"