Educate me about prenatals?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
DH and I are planning to start TTC late December/early January so I started taking prenatal vitamins last night (Centrum brand). I'd read that prenatals could cause nausea or stomach discomfort so I took it during a meal.

I have woken up today feeling pretty woozy and just generally queasy. Is this pretty typical? Does this change over time as my body gets used to it?

What has been you ladies' experience with prenatal vitamins? Do you think this might be a little too early to start?

i think its the perfect time to TTC they say about 3 months before
i havent experience nausea with the vitamins but did you take it with your main meal? heard that can help! also if not you could try different brands
:flower:

I haven't experienced anything like that with mine (Elevit - been taking about a week), but I take mine and then eat afterwards? Not sure if that makes a difference. My Husband's one (Menevit) sometimes makes him taste garlic all day though.

I have started mine 3 months before TTC as per my doctor's recommendation. It is even more important for men to start 3 months before as I think sperm are developed over a 3 months period so he'll be nice and healthy when we go to TTC.

I've taken several different brands almost continuously since Sept 2012, and haven't had a problem with them. Maybe try a different brand? Look for cheap "generic" versions if you just want to test it out and see if that makes any difference. Otherwise it could be any number of things, so maybe give it a week and see if it's an every morning occurrence for you.

Good luck! :flower:

I'm taking Pregnacare - Preconception, I've started 3 months before we TTC. I have no symptoms or side effects, I take mine on a full stomach to avoid anything. If your having issues, def try another brand and find something that agrees with you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->