Eeeeep. Swollen vagina :/

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Christine1993, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Christine1993

Christine1993 Full-time mummy to Aidan

Okay so today i seen my boyfriend for the first time in a week & a half :) Before he came up i showered and washed 'down there' with scented soaps. I know this can be quite dangerous but i didnt actually shove the soap in me haha so i thought it'd be okay. I usually shower and wash with that soap. When my boyfriend came up we had sex and during it i was finding it pretty uncomfortable and it felt like i had a cut down there. After we had finished i popped back to the bathroom to give myself a quick wash with just water just to notice one of my vagina lips were swollen. and i mean SWOLLEN. its really sore to touch. I got my boyfriend to have a look & he said it didnt look good so i got him to take a picture as i couldnt see it. The lip is fat and i mean huge. But i dont know why? Could there be anything round with me or my vagina or does this just happen sometimes?

xx

2. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

Pregnancy makes your hormones go mental so you might just be sensitive to one of the soaps you were using :( ! Just use water, non purfumed soap or a specifically designed soap for lady bits in future :) it should go down of its own accord but if it doesn't go see your doc :)

good luck! x

3. smartiepants

smartiepants Well-Known Member

Yup, LoveBunny's hit the nail on the head with the soap. I'm a huge fan of 'lady soap' or 'mimsy wash' as my friends call it.

Means you can feel really clean down there without worrying about getting irritated.

Boots own brand is very good.

4. Christine1993

Hey thanks you guys :) i phoned my docs to speak to one of them but they just said to come in whenever i could so i popped round. i had a man doctor and that was quite embarassing but he had a quick looky and prescribed antibiotics even tho its not swollen anymore haha! :) xxx

5. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

How far along are you? Near the end of my pregnancy my vag was perpetually swollen!

6. Christine1993

Im 25 weeks today :)

7. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Not sure about 25 weeks, but a couple weeks after that is when mine started. I had crotch pain and swelling, my doctor told me it was caused by pressure from the baby

8. Christine1993

Hey, thanks its gone now :) The doc said to keep taking the anitbiotics tho till next week but i dont think i can theyre making me feel really weird and giving me such heartburn and sore stomach when i take them. he said theyre safe to use but i dont even want to take the risk. Has this happened to anyone else?? x

9. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

What are the antibiotics called? You can search on the internet and they'll tell you how they're rated for pregnancy (I think Wikipedia does this!) and it'll probably tell you about any side effects, make sure you follow directions like with/without food etc :) Again heartburn might just be coming up as part of pregnancy .. lol

10. AtomicPink

AtomicPink Well-Known Member

At 25 weeks i had the same and was convinced it was thrush - no matter how silly you think it is, or if it has gone, always get someone to check it out!

11. ouch, cant really say anything that haent been said but i had to go docters the other day about a skin tag down there and i felt so embaraed and my docter was female... i think im starting to loose my dignity now though, gosh knows whos going to be looking up there in a few months lol