Eeeek Quick MMR question

Cat

Reaction score
Right well Noah had his MMR this morning. Itold the woman he had come down with a little cold as of yesterday evening. She said this wasnt a problem so long as he didnt have a temperature or fever.
Well his cold seems to be kicking in more as the day progresses, and he felt pretty hot so I have just taken his temp and its a little elevated at 37.8 and he is a bit grizely. Ihave tried to google for a bit of info, but it only tells you about the side effects after 7 days when the effects kick in.

Has anyone else found their child to get a temp or anything the same day as having the jab?

Emily did ahe was really grizzly and blurgh about 2 hrs after it, this carried on for a couple of days and her temp was higher then normal for about 2 days stright after it

Just gave her Calpol, or try him with some Medised as that will help him sleep

Poor little pumpkin

im not a dr or nurse or anything but worked in health centre for a while and we were told that temps were to be expected after jabs,...you should maybe give your surgery a wee call, just to settle yourself as much as babs, you could try damping him down with a cold flannel too honey, just a thought... :hugs:

cool, thanks girls no worries, Ihave just given him come calpol, will just keep an eye on him.

He seems to have cheared up a little now rocking on his snail and watching fireman sam.

u shouldnt cool down a cold flannel. apparently you are supposed to use luke warm water to wet a flannel with. well thats what my gp and hv told me

i meant cool down a baby with a cold flannel lol. typing terrible sorry :oops:

Jamie had an awful cold and cough a few days after his MMR. I used medised which was fab ! :D

Well on a good note, Noah no longer has a temp today, and he slept quite well last night, just waking twice, but settling quickly again.

However, he has an awfull cold, bad cough, still not happy about his jabs yesterday and is a bit tender, plus Inow think he may be teething again as he is dribbling like a newborn! Poor little man he been crying all morning, and has finaly gone to sleep cause I couldnt think of what else to do with him, so stuck him in his cot :(

Makes me wish I haddent given him his MMR yesterday cause he is feeling so poorly with everything else now :(

Awwwww bless him!

Atleast with him having it now, he will get it all out the way and when he feels better, he wont be having anything to knock him back down again :D ;hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->