Eek! Dr. called and said I have an infection :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jennthompson, Jan 28, 2011.

1. jennthompson

jennthompson Well-Known Member

So I was in class this evening when I got a call from my ob/gyn office, so I run out of the room and answer it...and the nurse tells me I have a bacterial infection found on my pap. I'm freaking out a little bit here bc I have never had to be medicated for any type of vag infect before. They called me in azithromycin and when I looked online it is catagory B. The nurse told me it was fine and not to worry but of course I will. Has anyone else experienced this? I had no symptoms at all so this is a shock.

2. SammieGrace

SammieGrace Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    Yes I experienced something similar. When I went to the doctor the first time they did a pap, which came out fine, but they also did a urine test, and from that it showed that I had a mild infection. I was really surprised, because I hadn't noticed any symptoms at all. The nurse said that those types of infections are more common in pregnancy, and thats probably why it happened. Anyway, I took a class B antibiotic as well and everything worked out just fine. The infection is gone, and as a plus, I don't have to pee quite as often as I did when I had the infection. I am sure you will be just fine! :hugs:

3. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

I had a UTI with no symptoms at 7 weeks...and have had a BI prior to being pregnant a couple of times...it can come from so many things...but the ph balance in your vagina is off balance dring pregnancy. Don't think its anything to worry about and could cause more damage if left untreated.

4. jennthompson

jennthompson Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding. The nurse didn't tell me much and since I was on campus I didn't really want to ask specific questions in a class full of people. :)