Eek! Had an "oops," DS is only 3 months old!

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
So this is mostly me seeking some comfort... as I know I'll know the answer here in the next few weeks!

Basically, our beautiful baby boy was born 7/12/14 and though it's been a bumpy road of sleepless nights and initial struggles with breastfeeding, motherhood has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. While we absolutely want more kids, labor was grueling for me (40 hours, with more than 30 hours having been medication-free,) and pregnancy was also not kind to my body. I only gained 20# and lost it all immediately, but more the stress on my back and joints than anything. I was thinking we'd wait until Finn was walking before thinking to try again.

That is, until we had a major "oops" two days ago (the same day Finn turned 3 months old!) Like, full-blown-not-even-close-to-pulling-out "oops." My cycles have yet to return to normal post-partum, but historically were always 28 days and quite predictable. I did have what I assume to be a period begin on 9/27, which would mean it's been 1.5 weeks since my last 'period'... problem is, the period prior to that one was only 3 weeks earlier, so I'm concerned that my luteal phase has shortened in length and put our "oops" right into fertile window territory (but I am no expert on how these things work, simply surmising.)

A few questions... do you guys think I should be concerned? EWCM started the same day or possibly the day before the "oops" and has continued (still seeing some today.)

And secondly, another other mamas out there with very little time between babies? How did that turn out for you? I have read that there are increased risks of prematurity and placenta abruption/placenta previa (my first son was very healthy and one week overdue, vaginal delivery.)

I would love any words of comfort, support, or just plain objective insight into the situation! TIA! :hugs:

I cant really tell you much as i havent experienced it, but my brother and sister are exactly 11 months apart so that same oopsie happened to mom. Often it can happen when one forgets how once a baby is born the body starts to regulate itself and you dont know for sure when you are completely fertile again. So most figure its still pretty safe to bd without protection after baby is born....until that oopsie happens. So its often better to be on the safer side especially when its been a few cycles. At this point i wouldnt be concerned. Many have been fine with that short time. But it is something to watch out just in case. Right now it could even just be your hormone levels getting back to normal. Im sure you will be happy with whatever happens. Im sure now you know that if you arent preggers that you will be getting back to using protection again just to be on the safe side :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->