Eek!

Pole Kitten

Reaction score
Well I popped into the antenatal unit for what I assumed was a sugar level check... they decide to do a check and I'm 2cm dilated and my waters have been leaking so they do a membrane sweep to try and kick start things then book me in for an induction if it doesn't work!!! Eeeek I'm giong to have a baby in at most a week! :happydance:

On another note, membrane sweeps... anyone had one and did it work?

havent had one of those hun, but yay for baby coming soon xx

I had one yesterday and hasnt worked :( allthough Im only 38 weeks (medical reasons) have to go back at 5pm tonight for growth start and inducment date !! scarry! good luck xx

Well following the sweep around midday... I went into labour at 11:30pm! I didn't even realise that's what it was until about 1:30am when they were coming every 5 minutes. Asked my boyfriend calmly to call a taxi and get his dad over to babysit, his dad said he'd be 45 minutes and I just though "that's ok, plenty of time"...

Then the contractions kicked in properly every 2 minutes and I thought I needed a poo so went up to the toilet. I then realised I'd only been a few hours ago so couldn't possibly need to go again and realised what was happening! The taxi arrived 5 minutes later and we got to the hospital for 1:45am, water broke minutes after sitting on the bed (scared the bejeezus out of me as the pain and urge to push sent me into shock when it quadrupled!) and the baby was out 5 minutes later at 2:06am and 1 week early!

So final concensus... give the sweep a try!!!! :happydance:

Awww congratulations!!
Theres a few ladies going for sweeps in the next few days so hopefully that will make them feel positive!!

Wow! Congrats!
I hope my labor goes that fast.
But it won't...because i'm getting induced :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back