Eek!

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
So cause I've been poorly I get the joy of having a heart monitor for 24hours :nope: I even have to wear it to work! Haha fun eh ooh the joys of pregnancy!

Aw bless ya, is it a bulky thing or quite discreet?

xx

From what I've read it's like a cassette? Which goes around my neck or waist (I'm arguing that if I have to resume normal duties i.e work it's round my waist!) lol so hopefully it ain't too bad but I have patches all over my chest and on my arms to monitor my heart movement but I've never had one before so hopefully it's not too bad lol

:flower:

ive had to have them before, theyre annoying but at least not painful or anything. hope it goes well.

could be worse ive had to had 7 day monitors before, they are bad!! xx

Luckily this is the first test so I'm happy with 24 hours lol. I also have a scan before I get the monitor that takes an hour but not sure what that actually is. I just hope they find some answers and I can know what I have cause I didn't have it until pregnancy so it's all been very strange and unnerving but my gp shad been fab! :)

:flower:

Ooer, you'll have to pose for a pic and upload it on here, sounds very..interesting! Im guessing theres been no let up in your fast hb? xx

Ooer, you'll have to pose for a pic and upload it on here, sounds very..interesting! Im guessing theres been no let up in your fast hb? xx

Nope :( even though my gp has put me on labetalol 100mg and aspirin 75mg as he thought it would bring down my blood pressure and also my heart rate a little bit but even my blood pressure isn't down by that much though it is now below /100 so that's good news :thumbup:

Haha yeah I'll take a pic when I'm all hooked up and let you see what it looks like lol...my HB is probs worse I get pulsing all over my body which stops me sleeping and is uncomfortable (doesn't hurt though) so I'll be glad to even have an answer to everything

:flower: xx

Thats such a strange thing to happen. Im glad your bp is below 100! woop! my heart always races when i go to the doctors, even when i know nothing is wrong, so im suprised they havent thought i have a permanent fast heart beat. They always comment on it haha. I am intrigued to see what your being hooked up to though! when are you being monitored? xx

Is it your BP or your actual HR? I have a sinus tachycardia arrhythmia (resting HR used to be 120 until I started taking diltiazem. Not taking anything while I'm pregnant but the increase in blood volume is really helping) and have worn several heart monitors. The 24 hour one isn't bad at all. It's just like a little walkman you can hook to your pants & it'll fit under your shirt well enough. Honestly, the 24 hour one is much better than the event monitor - it's continuous monitoring and will give them the best picture of what's going on. I have loads of experience with cardiologists and heart issues so feel free to message me! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->