Effing Cousins!

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Alight, so it's my turn for a rant.
My 4 cousins came over last night, they are kids I think the oldest is like 11 or something, along with their parents. So we were waiting for pizza to come and thte oldest goes into our dvd cupboard and pulls out my board game, his mum told him to put it back but he completely ignores her and does it anyway.

It's not that he wanted to play with it, but he didn't even ask in the first plae and then ignored his mum when she told him not to. They get away with so much shit just coz the parents aren't consistent and follow through. They'll tell them not to do something and the kids do it anyway and nothing happens.

Another example- my aunt was holding my bub and leaning agains the bench, her eldest daughter sits up on the bench and she got told to get down so she did (she's a good kid), but then her other daughter was up on the other bench and nothing got said. No wonder most of her kids r feral.

GRR!! When Savannah is old enough, I am going to make sure i'm consistent with her.

Alright, rant over.

i know consistency is one of my goals as a parent. i see too many kids not listening to their parents and the parent not really doing anything about it. it annoys me as well!

Consistency is key!! Was in walmart today and just shook my head at a mother who was there with her 3 kids. They were just running everywhere, throwing things in peoples carts, taking things out of peoples carts and yet the mother said NOTHING and she sat there watching!
Totally made OH and I look at each other and say "NEVER WILL WE ALLOW THAT!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->