• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Egg allergy

peartree

Mummy to Pearette
Reaction score
I gave Pearette a bit of my omelette to play with today, and she came up with hives on her hand and round her mouth. We dont have a history of allergy so didnt think it would do any harm. Does this mean i have sensitised her now and shouldnt have given egg to her so early?

I feel so sh1t. :cry:

If there's no history you might be alright? Just leave it a while and try again every so often, might not have built up enough enzymes to digest just yet :)
xxx

my LO has mild case of eczema and eggs do the same thing to her...she'll get one or two hives, as well as a rash on her chin...and that's common for infants with eczema (according to the pediatrician) Egg whites have a lot of different allergens, and it is something they can grow out of, so I wouldn't worry!

babies become sensitised to things in all different ways; ingredients in formula or breastmilk, even vaccines etc so if your LO reacted today; its not your fault. I'd proceed with caution when giving eggs again; it could be ok or it could be a worse reaction next time, also maybe wait until at least 6 months before trying them again. xx

Lauren, Pearette has mildy dry skin so that we have to bathe her in Oilatum. Do you still give your LO eggs? I'm a little upset as it's such a staple food. If it had been something like kiwi, then it could be easily avoided. :(

Hi Peartree, just wanted to give my experience as my LO had an allergic reaction to egg and was rushed to A&E about three weeks ago. It was the third time she had tried egg so I thought she was ok with egg, but have learnt since that it can sometimes take a few goes before a reaction occurs. Anyway, we have an appt at the allergy clinic soon and have been told to avoid egg and anything with egg in it and have to carry her meds around with me in case another reaction occurs. We have found since that strawberries and kiwi do not agree with her either but not as severe a reaction. LO has a touch of eczema too but nothing to give me concern. I would say if you are concerned about giving egg again speak to your HV or Dr and see what they say, mine have been very helpful. But dont blame yourself, its nothing you have done :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"