Egg collection and losing hope.....

Tass

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone could share some good news or hope for me!

This is our 3rd round of ICSI, our second was successful with our beautiful dd. We have had a few hiccups along the way on this round but we eventually got to egg collection today. I had 6 eggs retrieved which we were thrilled about! However, we had a phone call a few hours later to say 4 of them were not mature enough so could not be injected!

I feel so disappointed. The clinic will call in the morning to say if any of them have fertilised. I'm trying not to lose hope & know that we still have a chance but it just seems that it is very slim now!!

Hi Tass,

I'm only just starting out on this roller coaster ivf journey so I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I wanted to send hugs!

We had our first appointment yesterday and were told I had low follicle count and might not respond well to treatment so I'm already starting to worry! I keep reminding myself it only takes one!

I really hope you get some good news in the morning. Good luck x

Hi Tass,

Stay hopeful, it only takes one. I am currently PUPO on my second cycle and I had 7 eggs collected and only 3 were mature enough to fertilized, by day 3 only one was good enough to transfer, I am praying this little bean is sticking around this time.

I have read so many stories on here about the numbers game, one women had 18 eggs collected, none fertilized. Another women had 2 eggs collected, 1 fertilized and she got her BFP, crazy!

You have 2 mature eggs that could be going great so concentrate on those, relax and get yourself ready for a transfer.

Good luck, I hope you get a good phone call tomorrow. Let us know how you get on?

:flower:

Thanks Ladies,

We had good news, both eggs fertilised, we are booked in for transfer tomorrow so hoping and praying they will both make it overnight!

This IVF journey is such a rollercoaster but you're both right it only takes one!

Jaybo, all the best for your cycle, I'll keep everything crossed for you!

Pinkie, congratulations on being PUPO, when do you do your test?

Sending big hugs to the both xxx

This is wonderful news, congratulations Tass. I hope they continue to divide well overnight.

My OTD is next weds 26th but I am thinking of testing on Monday as I am off work that day, if its bad news then I have the rest of the day to get my head around things before going in the next day.

Yes this journey is a rollercoaster, I have been doing really well but this two week wait is testing me. One day I am feeling positive the next I think its all over. I have been cramping quite bad the last few days and have no idea what is going on. Only time will tell.

Good luck with the transfer for tomorrow, let us know how you get on. :hugs:

That's great news Tass! I hope they continue to do well overnight, best of luck for tomorrow - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

This journey certainly is a rollercoster of emotions Pinkie it's so easy to get completely bogged down by it all. Good luck with testing next week!

Thanks Jaybo, when do you start your cycle?

I have a high FSH so my response has not been great but we've still managed to get some mature eggs, just waiting for one to result in a pregnancy. So don't worry too much you'll be surprised what your body can do. :flower:

Hi Pinkie,

I'm just waiting on AF to start so I can start BCP and then start stimming in early Jan. All being well egg collection is due at the end of Jan.

That's great to hear you still got some good eggs even though you didn't respond as well as you hopped. Keep us posted on how you get on. :hugs:

It was a bit of a shock when i found out I was at risk of not responding as all my blood tests had come back great before then and we thought we were just dealing with male factor. Hopefully my body will do what it's supposed to do when I start the meds! :haha:

Tass hope all went well with your transfer today. :flower:

Hi,

Well both embryos did really well, one is a 4 cell & one 5, both have been transferred so 2WW has began! Feel very blessed to have gotten this far, its in the lap of the gods now!

Pinkie, all the best for Monday. I think you're right to test on day that you can process information, I'll keep everything crossed!! P.S. cramping for me was a good sign for me in our last cycle, it ended in our beautiful princess!

Jaybo, ooo that's exciting, not long to go now!! Sending good vibes that everything will be fine your way xx

That's wonderful news Tass! So pleased for you.

I hope your TWW goes well :)

Congratulations on being pupo tass, they sound like lovely little embryos. I hope you manage to stay sane in the tww! When is your otd?

Jaybo, Jan will come around so quickly. It's an exciting time, enjoy Xmas, relax and get yourself ready for the ride

AFM my cramping eased off yesterday so it was bad on day 4,5&6 which I am reading is a good sign. Now just twinges and dull ache, only a few more days to go.

Hope you're having a good :)

Thanks Pinkie, I'm so excited to get started! Finally feels like we're doing something positive. I hope the cramps are a good sign for you. How are you feeling about testing tomorrow?

Hope your TWW is going okay Tass.

Hi Jayjo, I am so nervous I have been cramping again so part of me feels like I am out and the AF is going to arrive but another part is praying its my embryo getting snug plus I have already got further than I did the last time. I suppose there is only one way to find out!

Have you been told what meds and dose you are having on your protocol yet? Also, why do they think you won't respond well?

Tass, I hope you are feeling ok?

I really hope it's not AF and it is implantation cramps. Good luck! I'll be keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you today.

They put me at risk of being a poor responder because my AMH test came back very low and low follicle count on my last scan. That was a fun appointment! :cry: They did list all of the medications but i didn't get a copy of it. She said she was putting me on a high dose of stims, but I dont really know what that means - all the meds should be arriving this week so I can check then.

So the test was negative :cry: I am glad I done it today while I was off work because its been awful. I will test again tomorrow and Weds (OTD) but I know I am out. If I am honest deep down I didn't feel it had worked but I was trying to stay positive. I have no idea what we will do from here, I suppose we wait for our follow up appointment to discuss our options.

Jaybo, I am not sure how the AMH works but my FSH is high which means I don't respond too well either. I was also put on the highest dose of stims, its means we need more help to grow follicles and get mature eggs. I have been lucky and always got a few mature ones and they fertilize, I just cant seem to get pregnant. There is a saying that it only takes one you need to believe that and keep going. :flower:

Pinkie I'm so sorry your test was negative today. Hope you are doing okay. Big hugs! :hugs: You still have a few days until your OTD so you're not completely out.

Did you get an idea from your follow up appointment last time of why it might not be working or if there is anything different you could try?

This is diffuclt journey, take care and don't lose hope x x

Pinkie, so sorry you had a BFN, this journey is so hard. Please don't give up hope, I've heard lots of stories where the result changed on otd.

Keeping everything crossed for you & sending :hugs:

Jaybo, hope you're OK xxx

Hi Pinkie,

Just to say thinking of you today, hope you're OK? xxxxx

Hi ladies, thank you so much for your kind words. It was my OTD today and its still negative, I have started spotting slightly too so I don't think it will be too long until the AF shows up. I have terrible stomach cramps so I am not looking forward to it. I will call the hospital tomorrow and book a follow up appointment to discuss what we do from here.

Jaybo, I think it all comes down to my FSH which means my eggs are not good enough quality, we tried a slightly different protocol this time with the aim of getting more eggs but it didn't make any difference. He was positive at our last appointment and thinks we still stand a chance of conceiving our own children, I am not sure how true that is now. I am wondering if egg donor is our next option although I don't know enough about it to make any decisions yet. Fingers crossed I'll be 3rd time lucky.

Tass, how are you feeling? Are you getting any similar symptoms to last time? When is your OTD?

Jaybo, have your meds arrived yet?

Hi Pinkie, so sorry on your BFN, we had one on our first round so know how it feels :sad1:

Do you know when your follow up appointment will be? I'm a firm believer that most things can be overcome, give yourself time to come to terms with things then get that fighting spirit back. We are strong ladies otherwise we wouldn't even be on this journey! Take some 'me' time & look after yourself.

OTD is 5th December so feels like an eternity away at the moment, feel fine apart from extreme tiredness. Don't remember feeling like this before, maybe its because I'm a bit older this time!!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"