Egg collection and losing hope.....

Hi Pinkie, glad to hear all went well. Sending lots of positive vibes your way. I found this bit of the wait horrendous last time, hope you can get some sleep and try to take your mind of things a bit. I've still got a really good feeling for you. Hope you get a good fert report in the morning. Let me know how you get on xx

Hey Jaybo, we have one embryo :happydance: I am so relieved. The other one was still too immature. Obviously I would have loved them both to fertilized but I need to concentrate on this one. I need my mum to look down on me now and let this little embie continue to divide. I am booked in for transfer Monday lunchtime, I wont find out anymore until then, I will be so nervous. I started my progesterone pessaries, steroids and clexane injections today (no break for me!!) with my endo scratch there literally is nothing else I can do to try make this work. Then will come the horrendous two week wait!!!

Thanks for cheering me on hun, I will be here rooting for you too :hugs: when is your day 21?

:flower:

Hi Pinkie,

That's fantastic news you have one special embryo still going strong! :happydance: I'm sure your Mum is keeping a watchful eye over you both. I hope all the different things you've tried this month do the trick. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

CD21 is the 21st - which is quite convenient to remember! Not long to go now. I'm away for work next week and then pick up my meds and see the nurse the following week and then we'll be ready to go. So nervous and excited. I don't feel nearly as prepared health wise or mentally as I did last time, which I'm really hoping doesn't have too much of a negative impact. :nope:

Good luck with your transfer tomorrow xx

Thanks Jaybo, I am terrified and cant wait to get to the hospital tomorrow to know that our embryo is ok and still going strong. I will let you know how it goes.

Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy for the next couple of weeks before kicking off the cycle. Don't worry too much about not being so prepared, I really think there is only so much you can do. As long as you are eating fairly healthy, avoiding the bad stuff like alcohol and staying calm you are on the right track. Remember to keep visualising. Preparing your body for pregnancy. Do you have any hypnotherapy or relaxation vocals to listen to? One of my cycle buddies sent me a good one, if you would like it? If so, I will private message you and send it over.

Hang in there Pinkie! Not long to wait now until you can get your little embaby back. I remember the agonising wait between EC and ET all too well. I think that's the bit I'm dreading doing most again this time.

Last time the clinic said they'd only phone on the day of ET if it was to tell me not to come! :-( So, that morning I gave DH my phone because I couldn't bare the thought of it ringing! My mum rung to wish me luck and I heard it from the bedroom and had a full blown meltdown! :haha: The things we do eh!? Hope you're able to take your mind off it a bit tonight.

I've been doing okay with eating healthy but still have the odd glass of wine to keep me sane! :blush: Last time I gave up completely three months before our IVF so I'm feeling really guilty about that. Anyway now this weekend is out the way no more drinking until we've finished treatment.

I tried listening to the IVF companion last time but didn't get on with it very well! Any suggestions you can send would be very welcome :hugs:

Good luck tomorrow :flower:

I am PUPO :happydance::happydance:

Gosh that was so stressful, I was still awake at 3am this morning because I couldn't stop worrying. Felt so sick all morning and couldn't wait to get there. Once we were in the transfer room the embryologist told us that our one single embryo had made it to a top grader, I couldn't believe it, I burst into tears. A weel ago I honestly thought the cycle would get cancelled, then to only get one mature egg to it becoming a top grader was a little overwhelming. Apparently my lining looks really good and the transfer went well so now is just the dreaded TWW, my OTD will be 21st June.

I can't believe your mum called you on ET day lol, bless her, her heart was in the right place. Tell her to send a text this time. ha.

Don't worry too much about the alcohol thing, I think everything in moderation, as long as you haven't been binge drinking and just enjoying a few social glasses of wine its fine. You need something to help you relax.

I have sent you a PM if you want that fertility audio.

I am PUPO :happydance::happydance:

Gosh that was so stressful, I was still awake at 3am this morning because I couldn't stop worrying. Felt so sick all morning and couldn't wait to get there. Once we were in the transfer room the embryologist told us that our one single embryo had made it to a top grader, I couldn't believe it, I burst into tears. A weel ago I honestly thought the cycle would get cancelled, then to only get one mature egg to it becoming a top grader was a little overwhelming. Apparently my lining looks really good and the transfer went well so now is just the dreaded TWW, my OTD will be 21st June.

I can't believe your mum called you on ET day lol, bless her, her heart was in the right place. Tell her to send a text this time. ha.

Don't worry too much about the alcohol thing, I think everything in moderation, as long as you haven't been binge drinking and just enjoying a few social glasses of wine its fine. You need something to help you relax.

I have sent you a PM if you want that fertility audio.

Just stalking and wanted to wish you a big good luck. Sounds like this could be your cycle!

Wohooo!! Congratulations Pinkie on being pupo!! :happydance: :happydance: I've been checking in throughout the day to see how you got on but only finding a moment to reply now.

So happy that you have a topnotch embryo on board. Sounds like your body put all of it's energy into growing a perfect egg for you. Bring on the two week wait!

Have you got any plans to keep you sane? Do you think you will test before the 21st? I'm so excited for you!

My mum's hilarious! We are very close, but I'm thinking of keeping a bit more of the details and dates to myself this time. It became a bit stressful when it came to OTD and I knew my parents were also sat at home waiting for news. Lol :haha:

Thanks for the PM - I'll reply now :flower:

Hi TLK :wave:

Hello TLK :hi: thanks for your message.

Thanks Jaybo, honestly I cant believe it, I am still in shock. I know I still have a long way to go yet but its really given me so much more hope. I don't plan to test early, I am hoping I can hold out. No idea what I am going to do with myself for these two weeks, I am not working so planning to get some lunches with girls booked in, some walks in the sunshine and maybe some days out with the OH. Any tips to keep me sane please share.

I highly recommend keeping all the specific dates to yourself, a handful of people know we are doing this cycle and think we are still down regging. I have given them updates but that's about it. I have found it takes the pressure off and you can tell people when you're ready. My MIL doesn't even know we have done this cycle more for her sake because she gets herself into a right mess, she is desperate to be a grandma bless her.

Hi Pinkie, how are you getting on? Hope the tww isn't treating you too badly.

Sorry for lack of posts this week I've been away from work and it's been full on! Plus I was surrounded by loads of new mums who were also away from home and complaining about how much they missed their babies :dohh:

Thanks so much for your email. I'm looking forward to getting started with that this weekend and getting myself in the right frame of mind.

I was terrible on my tww last time, symptom spotting like mad and driving myself crazy. I tried to keep my mind of things with lots of books, movies and fruit! I took the whole time off from work, so I tried to get out everyday as well to keep myself moving. That's great that you've got some things booked in with friends to keep you busy.

I think I am going to keep all the dates to myself this time. It's difficult because I speak to my mum every day, so I guess will ask her in advance not to ask me about specifics this time.

Hope you have a good weekend. :flower:

Hey Jaybo, how are you? Did you have a good weekend?

I spent mine with my sister and nephews, they live in London so it was nice to go back to my home town and get away for a few days.

TWW hasn't been too bad so far, although I think this week is going to drag. I've been cramping since the day of transfer but I had cramps on my previous cycles too so I have no idea what is going on. I am just trying to stay positive and hopeful. I am so nervous about testing though, the thought actually turns my stomach. Talking of stomachs, mine is black and blue from the clexane injections honestly I have never seen anything like it. Thankfully they look worse than they feel.

How are feeling about starting on Sunday?

Hi Pinkie,

I had a lovely weekend thanks! Lots of catching up with friends in the sunshine. Your weekend sounds lovely, it's nice that you had chance to have a bit of a break.

I'm glad your TWW is going ok. I've heard so many ladies say that cramping was a really good sign for them! Fingers crossed - I still have a really good feeling for you :hugs:

Those claxane injections sound horrible, glad they don't hurt too much! How long do you have do those for?

I'm feeling a real mixture of excitement and nerves about starting again on Sunday. Think I'll feel much better about it once I've got going and see how I respond to the meds. I went and picked up my meds today and had a chat with the nurse. They're so nice at this clinic it is making the whole experience a lot better than last time.

Good luck with testing. Are you still planning on holding off until Sunday?

I am glad the experience at your clinic is so much better, at a time like this I think its really important. Nerves and excitement was exactly what I felt, once you start there will be a bit of relief that you are finally going at it again. Do they do anything extra or different than what you had on your previous cycle? More scans, blood tests etc?

Not sure how long I am on these clexane injections, it will depend if I am pregnant or not. I wont miss doing these bad boys! I don't understand why they bruise so badly?

Yes I am still planning on waiting until Sunday, each of my days so far have had a meaning (I am probably thinking into this far too much) and Sunday is Fathers Day so I really hope I can wish my OH a happy one with a bfp. Although I am starting to get a little impatient now so hope I don't cave in early. I have no idea how this cycle has gone, my previous ones I just knew deep down they hadn't worked but this time I am clueless. I just wish I had some symptoms, apart from some cramping I feel great, the OH is even telling me how well I look at the moment. I wish I felt sick, tired or had sore boobs, anything??

Hi Ladies,

I've just been catching up on both of your updates & I'm soooo pleased things are moving again for you both!!!

This is all very exciting & I have literally everything crossed for you!

Pinkie, cramping is supposed to be a good sign, I had period type cramping on my successful cycles. The non symptoms can be good too, my friend who had IVF & had twin girls said she didn't feel pregnant at all until she was about 4 months gone!

It really only does take one, sending so much PMA your way.

Jaybo, I'm so pleased you're happier with your new clinic, I think that makes a lot of difference having more confidence with your cycle. Good luck starting the meds again, its like riding a bike though, bet you'll just jump straight back in!

We didn't tell anyone we were cycling this time & I do think this took a lot of pressure off us. I felt that I was carrying other peoples hopes in previous cycles & I just couldn't emotionally do this again, I just needed to get my head down & get on with it. Whatever works for you though, just remember to put yourselves first!

AFM, I have just over 7 weeks left, aaargh!! I've been working flat out, hence why I haven't been on here, to earn as much as I can now so I can take a few months off. I'm self employed so no maternity benefits :( It's not all bad though as I can work flexibly when bambino arrives.

Feeling pretty good but my body is starting to tell me to slow down now, got to that heavy waddle stage :winkwink: xx

Hi Tass,

So lovely to hear from you.

Wow only 7 weeks, that's crazy. Time has really flown, do you know what you're having? Glad you have managed to save some money to spend some time at home with the new arrival. Definitely start taking it alittle easier now and get in some rest while you can.

Thanks for your well wishes. Sunday is a big day for us both, Jaybo starts her cycle and its my OTD. Absolutely terrified. Things have been going well but yesterday I started spotting, had a little meltdown but feeling ok today as its stopped. I have no idea what is going on? I done a test this morning which I say was negative but the OH is convinced there was the faintest (I mean faintest) second line there. I am band from doing another test until Sunday now. I am a BFP virgin, never seen one in my life so I am happy to wait until then, if I get a second line I want it to be a deep dark one.

Pinkie, Sunday is so close now!! How nice would that be to have a BDP on fathers day. Everything is still firmly crossed for you. My last OTD was valentines day, which would have been lovely too. Although tbh I'll take any day of any week for a BFP! :haha:

I really hope the spotting is a good sign. So many ladies on here spot before their BFP and if you didn't have it on your previous cycles I really think it means good news. So excited for your test on Sunday. I'm also a BFP virgin! I hope you're hanging in there this is a nerve wracking bit of the process! :kiss:

Hi Tass - lovely to hear from you. 7 weeks! Wow where has the time gone. That's a pain about the mat leave but working flexibly will be a real bonus once the baby is hear. Wishing you all the best for a healthy birth xx

I just want to sleep for the rest of today so that Sunday can hurry up and come. I've had enough now, I need to know. I am still so 50/50 with this cycle, half of me is feeling really hopeful as this is the best chance we've ever had and my TWW has been different. But I've had so many disappointments over the years I just cant imagine seeing that positive sign. It was out of our hands two weeks ago so what will be will be. I will let you know how its goes, wish me luck - yikes. :wacko:

Good luck with starting your down regging tomorrow, I hope your first injection goes well. Like Tass said you'll be amazed at how familiar every is and you'll get straight back into it. :hugs:

Pinkie, it's so nearly Sunday!! You must be counting down the hours now. :happydance:

I have got everything super tightly crossed that you get a lovely BFP in the morning. Have you stopped spotting now? It sounds like this has been quite different to your previous cycles I have a positive feeling for good news tomorrow. Gosh it's so nerve-wracking!

Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow. Can't wait now to hop on the roller coaster again!

Good luck tomorrow hon, I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes and baby dust :dust:

xxx

We did it... I got a BFP!!! :happydance: :happydance:

I am in complete shock today. After everything that has happened in the last 4 years, I can't believe we finally got pregnant. I know its such early days and we have a lot more hurdles yet but after such an awful cycle this feels like our little miracle.

Thanks so much for cheering me, I honestly don't know what I would do without this site sometimes.

Jaybo, its your turn next, go get it girl :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->