• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Egg Collection - Sedation or GA

kittiecat

Mum to Noah & Ella
Reaction score
Start IVF in a few weeks and need to decide whether I'll have EC using sedation or general anaesthetic. I can't decide! Any stories or experiences would be helpful!

My first egg collection was a nightmare. It was with a local anaesthetic but didn't work for me and I was in so much pain they gave me gas and air to get me through the procedure. The gas and air really helped. The two ladies that went ahead of me hardly felt a thing so it can be different for each individual. The next three I had done, at a different clinic, was under sedation, but it was like I was under a general anaesthetic because I don't remember a thing and they were much better experiences.

Maybe need to question the clinic as to what they mean by sedation.

Good luck!!

I live in Denmark and I was given both - sedation first with morphine and then they gave me a GA in my vagina. Otherwise sticking the needle in the vag would hurt plus I would think them sticking the needle into your ovaries might also hurt. So yeah, did both! It seemed to be what they always do at the hospital and wasn't something I was asked about.

Sedation was standard procedure at my clinic but since they knew they would have issues getting to my ovaries, they recommended a GA, which I had on both occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"