Egg quality supplement

Sorsha

Tentatively expecting #2
Reaction score
Hey all! I wanted to post this in case it helps someone else.

DH and I have been TTC for almost two years now. This is our second time around, so I was temping and making sure to time things well and all that stuff right from the start. After a year of trying, I hadn't gotten even the faintest BFP, so we went to a fertility clinic. They ran all their tests and couldn't find anything obviously wrong, so they told us it was most likely a decline in egg quality due to my age (I was 36 when we started trying for #2 and am now 38).

After trying a little longer on our own, we did a few rounds of IUI with them even though they weren't super hopeful about it (if the issue was egg quality), because the next step was IVF. When that didn't work, we went ahead with IVF. We just did the retrieval last month, and much to our and the clinic's surprise, seven out of the fifteen eggs retrieved made it all the way to the 5-day stage and five of those passed the genetic testing.

Even *more* to our surprise, during the month while we were waiting for the genetic testing results, even though we weren't making any special effort to try this cycle, I ended up pregnant naturally. :shock:

The only thing I'd done differently recently was I started taking the OvaBoost supplement. I'd been taking some individual supplements like coenzyme Q10 for a while, but those hadn't seemed to make a difference, and I figured what the hell, might as well try the special blend for this last ditch effort. I'd been taking OvaBoost for about four months when we did the retrieval (they say it takes about three months before the full effect kicks in).

I don't know for sure that the OvaBoost is what made the difference. Maybe it's a coincidence. But it seems like a pretty huge coincidence that not only did we get a really high percentage of good eggs out of the IVF, but I also got naturally pregnant the very next month, after all those months of trying with better timing, more tries around ovulation, extras like Preseed, etc. So I figured I'd share that story in case any of you are having similar egg quality issues and weren't sure whether to give it a try! :)

thanks for sharing, I used these supplements, and my doc noticed that they improved my eggs quality. Probably thanks to them, I had success with my IVF.

How long were you both onnl Ovaboost?

Sorry, just saw this! :) I'd been taking Ovaboost for a little over four months when we did the IVF retrieval (and then I stopped since I figured that was that... :p ) From what I've read, any egg quality supplement generally needs three months before it becomes fully effective.

Sorry, just saw this! :) I'd been taking Ovaboost for a little over four months when we did the IVF retrieval (and then I stopped since I figured that was that... :p ) From what I've read, any egg quality supplement generally needs three months before it becomes fully effective.

I may try this if my pre-conceive doesn’t work. Were you taking your normal prenatal on top of this?

It says to take 4 capsules per day. Did you actually take all 4 through the day or all at once before bedtime? It is a 1 month supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->