Elated, Scared & Blessed!

Laura2806

Mummy to DS & PG w/twins
Reaction score
After ttc for 19months with a very sad loss in Jan, we got our bp 25th Oct! had a bleed 2 days later so an early scan @ 5wks, we saw the gest and yolk sacs all looking great! we then had another bleed at 5wks 6days so our second scan bought forward to yesterday. we we're hoping to see a hb at 6wks 4days, well we didn't see one, we saw 2! took me a while to realise and the song tech had to point out the second to me as i had completely ignored it! :blush:

I'm having identical twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

naturally conceived twins with polycystic ovaries.............:shrug:

we could not feel more blessed and lucky right now! praying for a smooth pregnancy and two healthy babies :cloud9:

Wow!!! That's amazing, huge congratulations! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months xxxx

Congratulations honey,, what a lovely surprise when is your next scan ?
You must be so surprised ...

Wow!! Congratulations!!

I ttc #2 for 2 years with pcos so I know how hard it can be! I got my bfp on thurs & totally get the "elated" and "scared" feelings!! You must be thrilled with twins! :)

Thanks ladies! So so shocked still! Cannot believe it :)

Congrats k4th! It's so hard and very scary, h&b 9minths to you xx

I'm in the same boat, although not identical twins. I was shocked when they saw two sacs at an early scan. After some spotting I went back at 6+6 and their little hearts were beating away. It's scarier knowing there's two in there cause it feels like there is more to lose!

Congrats hun! I'm trying not to think of what *could* happen, especially now we've saw those hb's chance of loss is greatly decreased once a hb has been seen. Stay positive and all will be well :)

How far along are you? Xx

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. First trimester goes so slowly! My son is almost 3 and I was sure that this time I wouldn't notice the time dragging by. Looking forward to being in second tri!

What are your symptoms like? The one I'm struggling with most is exhaustion. I'm in bed most nights before 9 now and napping in the day if I can!

I'm a week and a day behind you :) totally agree time is going by so so slowly!! I want to be in second tri already!

Yh major exhaustion! I work which doesn't help though, like you I'm normally in bed straight after my lb and sometimes before if he wants to watch a film in our bed lol I had the most amazing nap today though lol also struggling with eating of a morning, super nauseous till about 10 normally then I get ravenous but want a meal not snack lol that's the other thing, food aversions, I only want really flavoured foods nothing bland and what I want one day makes me feel sick the next! So crazy! Bloat, got that one going on big style too, all the time, and shortness of breath, I. Have asthma so that's a big part of it, that's what's making me tired to I think. Nipples we're agony upto about 6wks but not too bad now :)

Congratulations ladies on your double blessings :flower:

Try really hard not to worry (easier said than done i know!) .... you can not change an outcome, but enjoy every minute of it because once you hit 12 weeks (which right now seems a lifetime away) you will shocked by just how fast everything goes by! Appointments a plenty and before you know it you've set your pram up (like i just have tonight) and you know within 8 weeks your little ones will be here to fill it :cloud9:

Also there is a twins and multiples board in the 'parenting' section but there are also expectant ladies there too x

Thanks hun and big congrats to you! The journey people go through never ceases to amaze me <3

I'm doing good on the not worrying front now :) I want to be in second tri so we can tell people haha

Out of interest, what pushchair did you get?? Lol :)

I ended up telling people after our scan at 9 weeks with the FS because thats when we found it was twins and DH couldn't contain himself! lol

I picked my pram up today and finished putting it together an hour ago :happydance: i've been very lucky and i have a bugaboo donkey twin

https://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/shellx180/pramresize_zpsd64ac5b0.jpg

Aww don't blame you there! If we we're having another early we would do the same, next one will be 12wks though, seems an age away! Should be Christmas week :D

Omg soooo jealous lol my hubs would love that! Not cheap but so lovely! Very lucky lady :)

Unbeknown to me my mum had been saving up for IVF had i needed it after the clomid.... she gave me some of the money she had saved to pay for the pram, thats the only reason i have this :kiss: The mountain duet is a nice double too, carrycots are a little small but depends on what your looking for, the choice is not great for doubles but it's still fun looking :) x

Was stalking first tri, saw this thread title and knew it was you hahah! xx

Aww shells that's so lovely her, what an amazing mum you have <3 yh not much choice out there and it's hard enough to get around shops with a single sometimes lol we might go for a tandem but will see once we've had a play :) will probably go to kiddicare to play with them first lol a trip for the new year!

Haha hey Jess!! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"