ELC garage.... wooden or plastic?

DCS

Reaction score
Which would you reccomend? I like the idea of the wooden one. Its wooden, so will last longer, be sturdy.
But i think LO would prefer the plastic because it does more.

Which would you go for? Also does anyone know is this is likely to be reduced any further?

Im going for the wooden as we already have a plastic toot toot garage plus my kids are not the most gentle lol!

There was a study linked to Montessori education about 20 years ago that said wood promotes imagination and creative development in children. Plus I think it looks nice :haha: But buy whatever you think would make your LO happiest!

I prefer wooden toys usually but on this instance were getting the plastic one for lo. He has a wooden garage at my parents house and I don't think it's very good.

It depends what they like doing but my lo likes to whizz his cars around but the wooden ones don't have sides to the ramps so the cars just fell off rather than whizz round. I don't know about the elc one but the lift was on a pulley and it was too slow and cumbersome for a toddler so he lost interest. I also heard that die cast cars can scratch the wood, not sure if that's true.

I really like the elc plastic one because its quite big (I always find wooden garages a bit small) and you can get the whizz around racer thing that attaches and floor mat/box thing which makes a big play set and I know he would love it for its racing abilities!!

We got a wooden one last year (ELC) and it still looks brand new, it gets played with daily and Adam isn't exactly gentle with it! x

Bobby had a plastic one for his first christmas which he loves but ive got him the wooden one for christmas now hes getting older he can actually play with it more instead of just letting the cars go down the ramp!

I am having the same debate and at the moment coming down on the side of the plastic one. I prefer the look of the wooden one, but think for Hayden the other one is better - he also likes to whizz his cars down ramps, so will probably get the spiral race thingy to go with it, and the ramps do need sides. I have seen it in the shop and it seems pretty sturdy. I am waiting to see if it goes half price in the October half term sale - don't know if it will, but Hayden just had his birthday yesterday and I can't afford to buy it until payday anyway!

I am having the same debate and at the moment coming down on the side of the plastic one. I prefer the look of the wooden one, but think for Hayden the other one is better - he also likes to whizz his cars down ramps, so will probably get the spiral race thingy to go with it, and the ramps do need sides. I have seen it in the shop and it seems pretty sturdy. I am waiting to see if it goes half price in the October half term sale - don't know if it will, but Hayden just had his birthday yesterday and I can't afford to buy it until payday anyway!

Your lo sounds the same as mine! My mum has bought him the spiral attachment for the side and he is going to LOVE all the whizzing around!

At the minute he has a toot toot garage and the fisher price loops and swoops thing. Neither get played. But he has played with the old version of the plastic n loved it but that was a while ago. The onlu toys he plays with are his cars and his car launcher.
Im kind of hoping that one of then will go down and i will base my final descision on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->