• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Election Day for Canadians

Yay, all you voters!
So creepy sweaterman Harper still only got a minority.
Thank f**k!
And he's got some 'splainin' to do about the $300 million we just paid for an election that didn't really change anything. As far as feedback goes, that seemed to be a very strong sentiment expressed on blogs, forums and opinion polls nation-wide. Canadians aren't impressed.
Cool how much support the NDP picked up. I really wish Elizabeth May had won, though. We really need proportional representation. It is ridiculous that the Bloc, which got 8% of the popular vote, holds 50 seats, and the Greens, which got 6%, don't hold any.
Or that we can have a government voted in with less than 40% of the popular vote. We are way overdue for electoral reform.

I'M not impressed. I had so much hope for the Liberals/NDP but then once they hit Ontario it was downhill from there! This was a total waste of money and just proved that Stephen Harper is an idiot.

Oh well, on to the American election...

Yay, all you voters!
So creepy sweaterman Harper still only got a minority.
Thank f**k!
And he's got some 'splainin' to do about the $300 million we just paid for an election that didn't really change anything. As far as feedback goes, that seemed to be a very strong sentiment expressed on blogs, forums and opinion polls nation-wide. Canadians aren't impressed.
Cool how much support the NDP picked up. I really wish Elizabeth May had won, though. We really need proportional representation. It is ridiculous that the Bloc, which got 8% of the popular vote, holds 50 seats, and the Greens, which got 6%, don't hold any.
Or that we can have a government voted in with less than 40% of the popular vote. We are way overdue for electoral reform.

LOL LOL LOL That made me laugh because I call him creepy sweaterman too hahahahhahahaha!! Hopefully he doesn't F*ck up this country!

Well we set a record low for voter turnout. I'm disappointed in Canadians :growlmad:

Well we set a record low for voter turnout. I'm disappointed in Canadians :growlmad:

I agree, but I also think there may have been quite a few people not voting in protest. No one wanted an election, except Harper.
I still don't think it's a good way to protest, though. Voting is a sacred duty in my books.
I believe my province has the honours of the worst voter turnout of all. Go, Alberta. It's such a self-fulfilling prophecy here: people don't vote because they figure that the Conservatives always get in, so their votes don't count for anything. Check the numbers and you'll see that if they had gotten their butts into the polling station, Alberta might not be so tory blue, after all. By not voting, they made sure that they got what they didn't want.
Go figure.

the CBC website said Newfoundland was worst but all the provinces were within less than 1% of each other. Average of around 51% for the whole country. And I agree, most of the people I know who didn't vote would have voted NDP or Liberal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"