elective cesarean nxt wk freaking out HELP...

Bub2be2013

Reaction score
Any mummies had elective cesarean b4 plz help and tell me the experience really is a good one...this is my 2nd baby and i ended up having an emergency one after 30 hrs labour so as ud imagine my memories of a c section arent all that gr8 and now im a lil scared...so any stories and positive ones would love to hear...

:cry: :wacko:

My emergency c section was a vile memory, but my elective csection was a lovely calm experience everything was calm and the surgeons and midwives was all lovely I'm having another elective c section and tbf I can't wait

Don't be scared hun ask them if they can play a radio in the theater I had radio 1 on and it helped with my nerves xx

My c-section was planned. By the time the set date came I was so excited to meet my little girl that I wasn't that scared. I got very emotional when they took me into theatre, but one I was settled and the spinal was done it was a really good experience. Everything went perfectly and I was in recovery breastfeeding my little girl within half an hour.

I just had my second girl by elective section. It went really well. the anaesthetist talked me through what was happening and we had skin to skin as they did the stitches. I fed her in recovery and she's gaining weight nicely. I've recovered really well and had no painkillers after the first 4 days.

Thanks so much im starting to feel better already!!

my planned one was so much more relaxed, recovery was a lot easier as well, i'm having another on the 11th and hoping for it to be nice and relaxed this time too

I found my elective (1st emergency) much calmer, but I don't really remember the emergency as I was so out of it I only remember seeing Josh, confirming he looked like a Joshua and slept whilst they stitched me up!

I wasn't nervous at all until we got to the hospital that morning then I started to get all jittery, partly excitement and partly because I was fully aware of what was going on. I told the midwife etc that I had a few nerves and they were so so lovely and helped me relax. The process took a little longer than the first because of scar tissue and they wanted to make sure they took their time. For some reason I was in a lot of pain and had iv morphine - but I don't think that's typical. I was able to feed her in recovery and we had some lovely cuddles and skin to skin. My son was able to visit us and it was just lovely as I was a lot more awake (bar being in pain and drugged up!)

There's nothing to be scared about, it's just a different experience and generally it's just a lot calmer.
Good luck with it, I'm sure it will go wonderfully xx

My elective with Sophie was lovely! It helped that I had become very good friends with my midwife, she was so kind and calming, and your OH stays with you in theater while you get your spinal at my hospital. That was the part I dreaded the most.

Everyone was calm and happy, joking and laughing, and they were all extremely nice to me - gentle, friendly and considerate. It was such a positive experience and I was so well looked after.

Thanks again to the mummies who have shared their elective stories... im starting to feel alot more relaxed about it now...
So hopefully that stays with me till nxt wk the 4th lol xx

My first birth was a nightmare emcs after 26 hour labor and stuck at 10cm with a fever and baby failing to descend. My second was elective and although my water broke a week prior it was a great experience. Everyone was calm, music was playing, there were only a few ppl in OR not the 30 ppl rushing around last time...anesthesiologist was incredible talked me through and even took pics! Baby was born in a beautiful calm environment. I was awake and all there which was great lol. Don't worry elective cs are a total breeze!! Enjoy it xx

Thank u so much..i had a similar experience 1st time 30 hrs labour and only dilated 4 cm after being induced etc then had emcs which was such a traumatic experience..
So thus the reason im freaking out lol..oh well 1 wk today and ill have my new baby and hopefully alot better experience to share than the last :)
Thanks again 4 your encouragement
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back