Electric Breast Pump Advice

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by jms895, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

OK so my manual breast pump has just broke :dohh: which has really p***** me off now, but pleased as I can get another.....

So I want an electric one..... can anyone suggest a make/type?

Thanks
    Jade xxx

2. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

Depends what you want to spend.

I started with the Medela Mini Electric - I picked it up second hand from Ebay for £15 (£55 new I think) as I wanted to be sure I'd be carrying on before spending a lot. Now I have a Medela Swing - £30 from ebay and £90 ish new and I LOVE IT!

Both are great - the swing is very quiet up to the mini.

3. jms895

jms895 Well-Known Member

Thanks I was looking at that one on Ebay, but there are so many to chose from!!

I think I will go for the Midela :D

4. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

They seem to be the leaders in pumps. The Swing is Medela too. The main difference is that the mini does one suck and the swing starts fast and short then changes to slower and longer to mimic baby. The Mini is VERY noisy!! BUT if you are used to a manual you will just find it to be fantastic and not care about the noise!! I really give the noise a thought until I got the Swing and noticed the difference.

5. Dani_b

Dani_b Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤

mine is a medela pump too

6. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

i have the medela mini too. I had one that was leant to me, but the motor what shagged. I didn't realise till I when kaput and I got a new one, expressing is much easier now. I bought mine new because I didnt want another worn out one off ebay, and also I am only expressing for one feed a day (not going back to work) and not always having to express because sometimes I collect enough from the breast shells, so the mini does for me. If I was expressing more, I might get a more expensive model.

7. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

i got the medela mini. originally wanted the swing but tbh i couldn't really justify £100 on something i knew i wouldn't use much. Love the mini one, it's a bit loud tho.