Electricity!! HELLLP!!!

L

Love Bunny

I've been in my house for nearly a week now and its ALL electric. No gas. I got a letter through from Scottish Power - our provider, telling us we are on a "monthly cash plan" and that on the 18th of september we will owe them £94... Is this a flat rate every month of £94 does anyone know?? Cause I am panicking as i've only been here 5 days and this is what they've sent us already!!!!!! If its £94 every month thats okay but i'm really worried cause surly i can't have drummed up £94 worth of bills in 5 days!!! :| ! I have brought energy saving bulbs for all the house and also hardly have the washer and dryer on so far.... Help!!! I'm fretting! I can't ring up either as I have no credit :( xxxxx

In the middle of August £94 for a month is high, let alone a week. I would call them nad find out the ins and outs of the payment scheme you're on. It may be that it's left over from the previous tenant/owner.

Last winter we ran our hour entirely on leccy and it cost me about £120-£140 a month on average (we have oil central heating and we couldn't afford the oultay of £250 at a time for oil). We have a large, draughty, 3 bed house so ours is high and I know this. During the summer though (just got my bill so I know) it's only cost me £35 a month!

Take your meter readings on a daily basis today, tomorrow and Monday, give them a call and see what your charges are etc and see if you can work out how much you should be being charged.

Scottish Power are my provider too. They are normally very good.....if you are not happy with your tarriff have ago on uswitch and then call them back if you get anything cheaper and ask them to match or you're going!

HTH

Aimee

it will probably and hopefully be fro the previous tennant. Call them up and let them know that you now live there. Were you given a note of the meter readings when you moved in? There is no way you could have run up a bill of £94 in 5 days unless you had everything on.

Hiya hun , im with scottishpower & tbh they are really cheap for me & have always been helpful. When you moved in did you give them a meter reading? If not get it done ASAP.

There is no way in hell you could be using £25 a week, I pay on a meter kinda like payg if you will & i spend around £6-£7 a week on leccy.
I don't use radiators (they are gas though) & my cooker is gas which is used once a day, My fire is leccy too :) .

I just remembered. In our old flat there were 4 of us and we had a pre pay meter and we used about £80 a month. But that was with gas heating and 4 tv's, 3 xboxes - computer and lots of comings and goings etc.

But you are sayin you are careful with usage, so something must be off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->