Electronic Cigarettes?

Christinee

Reaction score
Are any of you using them as an alternative to smoking? I am. I actually started on them a year ago, then stopped and started smoking again.... I just went back to the smoke shop yesterday and bought myself a new vape kit so I wouldn't be smoking real cigarettes while I am pregnant. A lot of controversy out there around them, but me personally I think they are safe and a heaven sent item to people like me who can't just not smoke.

Hey.

I'm currently 7+5 going by lmp. I had been vaping since February/March after quitting smoking (a habit I only picked up since September 13).
I think it's a hell of a lot better than smoking during pregnancy, but nicotine still affects blood flow to the baby and the effects of PG and VP (the chemicals in e-cigs that give you the throat hit and vapour) on an unborn baby are unknown. I actually managed to quit the Vaping all together on Monday as my morning sickness has been horrific and vaping was making me feel worse.
If you just need to be inhaling vapour then you can get nicotine free e-liquid that would be slightly better. xxx

Hey.

I'm currently 7+5 going by lmp. I had been vaping since February/March after quitting smoking (a habit I only picked up since September 13).
I think it's a hell of a lot better than smoking during pregnancy, but nicotine still affects blood flow to the baby and the effects of PG and VP (the chemicals in e-cigs that give you the throat hit and vapour) on an unborn baby are unknown. I actually managed to quit the Vaping all together on Monday as my morning sickness has been horrific and vaping was making me feel worse.
If you just need to be inhaling vapour then you can get nicotine free e-liquid that would be slightly better. xxx

I just went today and picked up two 0mg nicotine bottles of e-juice. I will be emptying my current one 8mg and refilling them with the 0mg in just a few minutes.

Luckily I haven't had a lot of nausea or morning sickness yet. It comes and goes, but its always only for a short time. My main symptoms as of yet are cramping off and on throughout the day and mood swings. lol I was so irritated last night with all the fireworks for 4th of July.

I think knowing I am pregnant has got my nerves up even more, so vaping is even more comforting than ever! lol

I used 8mg nic for my last pregnancy and went from smoking a pack+ a day to nothing and my kid came out great. I stopped using it altogether in the 3rd tri so the baby would have no nicotine withdrawls at all and had no issues. My doctor said it's a lot better than smoking and I have some friends who actually make it and we discussed the contents. They're basically water or vegetable oil, flavor, and nocotine and since the worst part about smoking during pregnancy isn't actually the nicotine but the chemicals and smoke inhalation it's relatively harmless. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->