Eliptical Trainer

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these? If so, how did you like them?

Way back when I used to go to the gym and loved the stair climber. But when buying exercise equipment a few years ago, OH wanted a treadmill.

Anyhow, I've seen these eliptical trainers and see a number of them on Craigs List for a good price and they look like they give a good workout.

I don't have one but I've used on in the gym, really liked it too (after I got over the initial period of getting used to using one :lol:)

Is it a good workout for the legs, etc?

Looks very similar to a step climber.

:hugs:

great workout for the legs, and good for cardio :D Plus the ones I've always used have lots of different settings so you have different resistance work outs--which helps with the legs

Guess what I am asking OH for Christmas. LOL

Love it and I am not one for exercise.It is 'joint friendly' and not like a treadmill that is quite hard on the knees and ankles.After you have exercised on an elipitical trainer you never want to step foot onto a treadmill again.

Yes, this is my machine of choice in a gym. It gets everything 'going' and like everyone said its very nice on the joints - no jarring.

They are a bit tricky to get used to, kinda like running on a really sandy beach but once you master the coordination/rhythm it's great.

Good luck!

I asked for one for Christmas too hah. I like them because you can go backwards and work your butt out!! But yeah I won't touch a treadmill anymore, I love these things

What kind are you thinking of getting?

Gotta watch because some cheaper exercise equipment can be crap. I wanted a stair climber and my boyfriend at the time bought me one. It was cheap and was crap and I rarely ever used it.

What kind are you thinking of getting?

Gotta watch because some cheaper exercise equipment can be crap. I wanted a stair climber and my boyfriend at the time bought me one. It was cheap and was crap and I rarely ever used it.

I'm not really sure we've kind of been checking around. I read a review on how to choose one though, and it said that unless you're a proathlete or really really into working out then one under 1000 should be good enough

Told Dan last night that I wanted one for Christmas :)

But I do want to go to a fitness store and try some out and see how I like them.

I would strongly and favourably recommend Lifefitness brand.They are excellent!!!

https://uk.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/ellipticalcrosstrainers_1

I had one, but had to get rid of it as we are in a 1 bedroom and there is no room for it with the baby. But, it was great to use!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->