Elliot has arrived - planned c section

Ziggy2

Reaction score
Elliot Stanley arrived on 26th April at 9:31 on his planned c section date, weighing 9lb 14oz!!

We were asked to come to the hospital at 7:30am and when we arrived we were told we were 1st on the list and taken to the delivery suite, the midwife, surgeon and anathetistist came to see me to talk through everything then I got changed into my gown and compression stockings and wore my dressing gown and slippers down to theatre, my OH had to the get changed into scrubs whilst I went into theatre to have the spinal.

I sat on the bed and the spinal was put in fairly easily - not too painful, they then laid me down and kept checking how numb I was with a cold spray, then once I was numb up to my chest my OH came in and sat on a stool right next to me. Before I knew it they had started, could feel pressure but no pain felt like someone was washing up in my tummy! After about 10 minutes, he was out I could hear a gurgling cry and they left him attached by the cord for 2 minutes, they then brought him around all wrapped up for us to see and then took him to one side to be checked abd weighed my oh got to cut the cord. Then whilst I was being stitched up my oh held him right next to me. Then we were taken to recovery where they monitor your blood pressure etc for an hour and I got to have skin to skin.

It was a really positive experience and now my family is complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->