Emails from my lawyer---RANT

Maybe1stBaby

Muffin in the muff!
Reaction score
My attorney:

"I spoke with him this afternoon.

Bottom line: He says he doesn't know that he's the father. I think I can get him to cooperate with a paternity test. That's the first step. Then we go from there. For now, it's probably best for you not to contact him." ---sent March 31

I sent him a rant about having a CVS paternity procedure and how upset I am that this man is denying it's his when I thought we were almost engaged, ergo I thought we were exclusive. (Of course he was married, but I was FAITHFUL).

My lawyer:
"Needless to say, you shouldn't take anything he says at face value. No doubt he's a pathetic, lying, denying sociopath. Still, by the dictates and limitations of our legal system, it is highly unlikely that he has any criminal liability. I can't stop emphasizing to you, though, that you gain nothing by continuing to think in this direction. I know it won't be easy, and it won't happen right away, but you need to try to stop thinking about him..."

I want to pull my hair out. So, this is nothing legally I can do?! I feel like the legal system fails women. For the moment I've stopped thinking about him, only because I'm really sick of crying about it. But I'm still furious at the whole situation, and how helpless I am to retaliate against this evil man who is now denying his child.

Sorry, just needed a rant. And maybe a hug.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sorry to hear about your lawyer correspondance. Your precious baby's father is a real jerk.

Hope things work out for you :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am sorry you are going through all this stress.
I hope it all works out in the long run.

thats the thing - there is nothing in the law to punnish men who do this type of thing to women.

just save your energy for growing the baby and try to forget the knob!

Unfortunately, there is no law against being a giant douche bag.

The legal system will only be able to help when your child is born to make sure that some sort of custody/child support agreement is in place.

I feel for you sweetie :hugs:

"Unfortunately, there is no law against being a giant douche bag."

hear, hear.

they can't put someone in jail for being a deceptive asshole, although i wish because then my ex would be locked up. but seriously, there is nothing that can be done.

Aww I'm sorry*hugs* men can be so stupid. If you ever need to talk pm me. I noticed we are both from so cal.

just wanted to say, i had a chat with my therapist today and in order for me to deal with what my ex has done to me, i have a few things to really reflect upon. maybe some of these realizations can help you too?

some ppl are incapable of loving anyone, anyone at all. past present or future. because they are too caught up in whats best for them, whats going to make them feel good. some ppl are just sick individuals who cant tell the truth even if they wanted to. doesnt that make you feel a bit better? to know that it isnt you who did something wrong, this man is just mentally corrupt and will do this again to a new victim. it isn't you, its him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->