embaressing but..

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by cupcake, Nov 14, 2011.

1. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

I feel like I am in the 7th grade asking this but I seem to have an anatomy question:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
    so i thought that my cervix was low all the time cos i didnt even need to put a finger in it was like right there...
    okay turns out that is not my cervix :haha:
    how did i figure this out, well i put my finger in deeper and there was something soft and open about about a good finger length up.
    so great i have learned where my cervix is :juggle:

now what on earth have I been feeling until now, its soft and looks like a pin cushion , does everyone have this?? isnt your vagina supposed to look open?
    do I need to go to the doctor.
    wow this is so embaressing :blush::blush::blush::blush:
    but if i dont ask u guys who can i ask:shrug:

2. mammaleigh

mammaleigh Momma to 1 & 1 on the way

What you are probably feeling is your urethra. It is right there at the opening and I guess it could feel like a pin cushion. When you check your cervix it is higher up and will feel like a little ball with an opening, or if it is low then it will be like a tube. That is really the only way that I could explain it.
    This is what I get for reading B&B before coffee, when I first read the question I thought you were really in the 7th grade. (Not by what you said but by me mis-reading!!)

3. cupcake

urethra is it mean to be swollen?

4. kimberly17

kimberly17 Well-Known Member

Your urethra is where urine comes out. It is located in front of the vagina.
    I have no idea how to feel for my cervix and quite honestly, I feel a bit funny searching about down there.....

5. beth30

beth30 2 Rainbow Boys and Preggo

I know the pin cushion thing your talking about. I have it too, maybe we both need checked out!:haha: I think it is just the front vaginal wall, but it swells during different times in my cycle. So it isn't always like a pin cushion.

6. WinterSong4

WinterSong4 Well-Known Member

Hmm...honestly not sure what you could be feeling. I am not sure how you would mistaking your urethra for the cervix (not picking on you, just saying :) )

BUT, I will say, my personal female anatomy isn't like alot of womens. My urethra (aka clit) is a bit more "swollen" than the average woman's. It sucks, but that is just how my anatomy came to be (now I am embarrassed! lol)

I suggest looking at a few sites and yourself (use a mirror) down there just so you can get a better idea of things. That is what I did when I was a teenager. Nothing wrong with becoming familiar with yourself!! Here are a couple links below to get you started :)

https://www.physiciansselect.co.uk/female-anatomy-information1.htm

https://drugster.info/img/term/female-external-genitalia-5724_0.jpg

https://drugster.info/img/term/female-external-genitalia-5724_2.jpg

My anatomy book (going to medical school) probably has better pictures I could post up....let me know if you want those!! :)

7. babydrms

babydrms Mom to 1, TTC #2

I think you are just feeling the first part of your vagina (the introitus), the urethra wouldn't be obvious if you felt it.

Go ahead and google a pic of female anatomy.

Also, feeling your own cervix can be really difficult. I do cervical exams on other women on a daily basis and I am still not comfortable doing them on myself!

Don't worry, everyone is a little different down there and what you are describing sounds completely normal.

8. cupcake

thanks for all the replies, lol I have come off sounding so stupid, I am really not, I do know all the parts of the vagina lol I just don't know why this part is so swollen.
    Cervix I never knew how to check but I just realized what I thought was cervix wasn't moving so realized I must be wrong.

9. cupcake

yay I am not crazy!

10. Bean66

Bean66 Proud Mummy!!

If you aren't squeamish google 'my beautiful cervix'. I think maybe babydrms is right.

You don't sound stupid at all.

11. WinterSong4

WinterSong4 Well-Known Member

I agree. :)

12. Leese

Leese Little bit preggo!

No question is stupid at all some people just ain't sure so never any harm in asking! :)

I'm one of those people who ask loads of questions an then have a feel around lol!

No chance of me not finding my clit tho mine has a bar thro it which is great for when I'm in a frisky mood an the OH isn't around I can just go for a long walk in some tight jeans! Hee hee lol

Oh god that's got me thinking would I have to remove that peircing to give birth!? I hope not it was the most painful experience of my life I couldn't bear to have gone thro that for nothing! Lol

Good luck chick I'm sure ur 100% normal u just need to get friendly with ur body lol xxx

13. lmp1505768

lmp1505768 Well-Known Member

So im kind of confused about exactly where you are feeling.

Kinda TMI but

Do you mean that there is something sitting(kind of covering) the opening of your vagina? (If you are sitting down can you see it in a mirror?) Or are you talking like when you reach up inside you feel it?

14. Bean66

Bean66 Proud Mummy!!

I think maybe cupcake is feelibg the fleshy bit on the front wall of the vagina, kind if inside but at the entrance. That make sense. But I maybe wrong

15. rdy4number2

rdy4number2 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be rude, BUT the urethra is not your clitoris lol.

16. Bean66

Bean66 Proud Mummy!!

I'd not noticed that. The urethra opening is behind the clitoris.