Embarrassing itch / smell sorry if TMI

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Sorry, this is a bit gross but I had my baby 16 days ago and my lady parts are quite itchy and TBH I think a bit smelly too :blush:. Is this a normal part of the healing process (I had stitches) or do you think I may have an infection?

Thank you :flower:

The itching could be the healing but get them checked if they are a bit smelly, as an infection down there is no fun! :flower:

I had my baby two weeks ago - I tore but no stitches.. I am itchy as hell down there though ... I abth everynight in lavender oil to help heal it.

What sort of smell is it ? :shrug: I'm still bleeding alot so I get that horrible bloody smell :blush:

Its sort of a kind of smell as though I haven't washed down there in ages even though i wash down there every day :blush: I keep hoping it will go away...

I wish they told us to expect to itch down there afterwards lol, I wouldn't have been so worried!

if you had an infection I think it would be more painful than itchy. You might have a yeast infection? It might all be normal healing though!

Yeah, I guess I would expect pain or burning if I had an infection? :shrug:

i would say its all normal and healing :) if it hurts or really stinks then you better get it checked out:cry: just what every new mum wants:dohh: xxx

sounds like thrush to me as well. I'd get it checked out asap!

Sounds like thrush to me too..

Try adding a few drops of tea tree oil or lavender to your bath but ide go to docs when you can.
And keep the area dry if you can.. I used the hairdrier to dry myself as it was less painfull and quicker than a towel.
X
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"