Embarrassing problem...

C

clarebell10

Hi,

Hope you are having a nice evening and sorry that this is so embarrassing but... ouch... have you ever suffered from constipation?

I've never really had it before pregnancy but I now have such an embarrassing problem... Over the past two weeks or so, I've noticed that whenever I go to the toilet, my BMs have become huge and it's really difficult and uncomfortable to go.

And now since yesterday, I have one that is so large I can't quite manage to pass it (despite going to the toilet three times this evening already without success - it feels like it is too big for my bottom).

Has anyone else ever had the same problem?

Thanks,

Yep. It's no fun! Drink some prune juice (it tastes horrid though) and it should loosen things up for you. :blush:

My whole life. I'm trying to drink a lot more water and it seems to be helping for now.

yup its rotten ,Ive been drinking tons of water and mixing flaxseed into food (on midwifes advice) I cant really taste it put it into stews or currys and stuff , kind of helps . Also loads of fruit , veg and bran cereals .

Don't worry - you're not alone! I was suffering lots a few weeks ago. Have started eating fruit and fibre daily and having lots of water. Much better since!

Hi

I have no piles (yet!) and haven't had bad constipation, but have been "sub optimal" for most of my pregnancy. Before pregnancy, I was always perfect in this respect (hate to boast of course ): perfect consistency, well hydrated and out like a flash. Despite staying active and maintaining a diet rich in fibre and staying well hydrated (all important in bowel movements), things have "slowed down" and were definitely harder

THE most important thing is not to "force it" or "strain": those are what cause piles and other bowel problems.

Is your diet high in fibre? Muesli, wholemeal bread, yoghurts with grains in all help...

The other thing - which despite my healthy lifestyle - that was recommended to me by my new midwife is "Linseeds" (same as Flaxseeds, I believe) - like these https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...17&prodid=1613 (available at most health food shops). They are like greasey little sesame seeds and I just put a tablespoon of them on top of my muesli in the morning (but as the link says, you can mix them with other cereals or yoghurt). They are MIRACLE WORKERS! After a couple of days, I was back to normal pretty much. Soft, hydrated, quick... and sometimes twice a day . I still don't rush things (i.e. go when my body tells me it wants to, rather than "on demand" ), but otherwise completely normal. HAS to be a good thing!

So to linseeds (and I look forward to a day when I don't have to think/talk about poo any more - or at least not mine... - )

QT

Been going through that the past week! Not the too large etc.. but lack there of! My stomach was even hurting pretty bad to the point of worry but after drinking lots of water the past three days, things have been moving again! :D I also have increased my fiber intake and fruit as well, seems to have helped with me! Good luck and just be careful with the size etc... and it can cause tearing and that can lead to infection. If you do not go within the next day or so and still feel as though your stool might be too large to pass I would go to the doctor and see what they can do to help ie stool softeners.

I also have had a problem lately and my doctor suggested healthy diet like the girls said and if that fails, glycerine suppositories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->