Embryo Adoption

TTC74

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the process/cost of embryo adoption? It's something I'm considering if the RE tell me IVF is our only option. With low AMH and male infertility factor, my odds of success on IVF aren't great. Add to that the fact that I cannot really afford IVF and I've read that embryo adoption is both more successful in cases like mine and half the cost, and it seems to be a no-brainier but I'd like to know as much about it as possible well in advance. Thanks!

I've always heard and thought about this but didn't know much info. Will be following because I think it is so cool!

Hi, after just having our 3rd ICSI cycle fail we are looking at egg donor. My eggs are pretty rubbish but the OH can still produce a good enough number.

Where are you based? We are looking at going abroad, Spain or Greece? These clinics also do embryo adoption. I have found a good website of an English fertility nurse who co-ordinates with the clinics, I will attach the link it has a lot of good information on there. The cost is half of what I would pay in the UK, there is a minimal waiting list and the donors remain anonymous. I am getting in contact with this lady myself this week, after doing a lot of research on the internet there is nothing but positive comments about her.

I am sure if you get in contact she will be able to answer any of your questions. I hope this helps.

https://www.ivftreatmentabroad.com/index2.html

:flower:

Thanks Pinkie! That's incredibly helpful! Do you happen to know how much IVF is abroad?

From the research I have done, I have found if using own eggs around 3,000 euros, for donation cycles between 5,000-6,000 euros.

:flower:

That's amazing! I'll definitely check into it. DH and I would like to try one IVF/ICSI cycle first. I have low AMH but a decent follicle count. He has a low count but good morphology and motility.

If you haven't done Ivf before then I say go for it. It only takes one. We have tried 3 time time with my own eggs which is why we are looking at other options.

Good Luck.

I may do the one cycle abroad. Based on my calculations, if I go to Turkey, it would run $6-8k (including airfare and boarding) compared to the $17-18k it costs in the states.

Also check out Reprofit international https://miracleswaiting.com/reprofit/?id=1
1st FET 2 embryos $2100 USD
2nd FET 2 embryos for $1050 USD (you will just pay the second half if you get a positive pregnancy test)
1st FET (1 embryo) – $1400 USD
2nd FET (1 embryo) - $700 USD (you will pay the second half only if you get a positive pregnancy test)
These prices don’t include the medication for the recipient $200 - $300 USD. and $300 USD coordination service fee and travel.

Thanks Lisa! I've heard talk of reprofit but this is the first time I've seen their info. Great option!

Check out CNY Fertility in Syracaus, NY. That's where we went. I traveled there and even including a 3 week hotel stay, it was half the price as it would have been for me to do IVF at home. Also, included in their price is ICSI, freezing extra embryos, 1 year of storage, and FET for the first year if the fresh cycle is unsuccessful. Our fresh cycle failed, but we were able to do a FET right away (I went straight into it after my failed cycle) and I got pregnant and now have an almost 6 month old son. If we had gone somewhere else, we never could have afforded to do a FET after IVF, but with it being included in the cost it was a no-brainer. They often also have embryos available to adopt there. We actually plan to donate our extra embryos to adopt once we are sure our family is complete. I really recommend them & had a great experience. Their statistics are a bit lower, but that is because they never turn anyone away and almost never cancel cycles. If you are considering going overseas due to cost (we were considering the same thing), I definitely recommend checking them out.

Thanks hippy! I'll check them out for sure!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about it. For some reason I don't get notifications when there is a reply to a thread I posted in and sometimes I forget where I posted and to check, so best to send a message. I'm happy to share anything I can from my experience.

Thanks Lisa! I've heard talk of reprofit but this is the first time I've seen their info. Great option!

Your welcome its been a long TTC journey for me so I after reading their stats( 70 % success rate in 2014) plus the price I am having a hard time not scheduling a FET , the only thing holding me back is my DH really wants one of his own, plus it would be a 20 hour flight for me there and back.:shrug:

It would be a long flight from FL too!

Some old friends of mine just had twins this way. I don't know details unfortunately, but they tried to get pregnant for a very very long time (including 3 rounds of IVF) and she never got pregnant. It didn't look hopeful that they would ever get pregnant with her eggs. They went to South Africa and came back pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl :)

She had a fairly difficult pregnancy, but I have no idea if it was related to the problems she had conceiving. Babies were born this week, a bit early due to her health problems, but everyone seems to be doing well :)

I wish I knew more! Good luck!!

I'm just starting to look into this and Reprofit is on my narrow list. I'm excited to read about them here!

Also check out Reprofit international https://miracleswaiting.com/reprofit/?id=1
1st FET 2 embryos $2100 USD
2nd FET 2 embryos for $1050 USD (you will just pay the second half if you get a positive pregnancy test)
1st FET (1 embryo) – $1400 USD
2nd FET (1 embryo) - $700 USD (you will pay the second half only if you get a positive pregnancy test)
These prices don’t include the medication for the recipient $200 - $300 USD. and $300 USD coordination service fee and travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->