Embryo Adoption

Hopethisyear

Reaction score
Has anyone done or considered Embryo Adoption? I've done 2 rounds of IVF with 3 unsuccessful transfers and since I'm over 40 I don't think my eggs are the way to go any more. My clinic has embryos available for adoption that others who have extra embryos have donated. We have a list of couples to choose from but it's hard to pick and so scary. Just wondering if anyone else has gone this route or thinking about it. I would love to give a little embryo a home.

I don't personally have any experience of embryo adoption but I watch a lovely women on YouTube who has, she suffered from secondary infertility after 2 babies she also has 3 adopted children and new baby twins born though embryo adoption. I think some of her videos could help you decide.

Search for The gathered nest on YouTube. XX

I am considering embryo adoption. As you can see from my signature we are trying to find our path as well and embryo adoptions feels like a good path for us. We live in Canada though so I am having a hard time figuring out how it all works and what to do.

Miss Zoie - Thanks I will look that up!

S-secret - Your journey sounds as rough as mine, I'm sorry. Check with the fertility clinic you use as they may have embryos available for adoption. I'm not sure what the Canadian laws are. I can always give you the contact information for my clinic if you want as they have embryos available to choose from and don't require the home study and for the parents to choose you that some clinics require. You are added to a list and when you reach the top, you pick from what is available. It's a lot less money than a full blown IVF treatment.

Hope I checked with our clinic and they don’t do anything. I honestly think our clinic may be a bit of a dud as far as clinics go. I would love the name of yours. I have also been looking into private donation so hopefully that is an option too.

Secret - I'll message you, they have people come from all over the world

Hello ladies im very interested too in embryo donation as i will get my first ivf transfer once im almost 41 so if it doesnt work then it might be too late to do egg retrieval at that time :(

It's taken me three donor embryo cycles at three different clinics to get pregnant, it can still be a long process to get success. Clinics in Europe don't give you much info on the donors, you do get info like eye colour, hair colour, blood group and education level. Some will use photo's of you and your partner to find a match. Epigenetics is an interesting newish area of science in relation to the affect of the embryo in the womb environment.

It's not easy to give up on your own eggs but when I had my first donor cycle I felt ready to move on.

I think egg donation IVF might an option for you. Anyway, I would recommend visiting friendly eggdonationfriends where you would find info on egg and embryo donation, IVF clinics, stats, webinars and successful stories. Hope this helps. xx

Thanks for the info....unfortunately egg donation is not an option for us which is why we are looking at embryo adoption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->