• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Embryo transfer icsi - advise needed

medeah

Reaction score
Hello ladies :),
I have been following this forum for quite a while as I embarked on my first ivf journey this February after an ectopic pregnancy in November 2014 that ended with an emergency surgery and the loss of my left tube.

So far all went fine and I had my egg retrieval yesterday and was told by my doctor that out of 9 mature eggs, 7 have fertilized (icsi). I am super happy about that ratio but now comes the catch and I have never heard anything about it nor do I find anything online - please help!!!

My doctor would like to do 2 transfers - the first one tomorrow (day 2). Watching the remaining 6 until Tuesday (day 5) to reach blastocyst stage and then transferring / adding a second one.

Has anyone ever heard about it or did actually try that???

I am totally confused and are looking forward to hearing your stories and opinions. :)

Hi there! I know I've s heard of some places doing that but it wasn't something we were offered. We just put two back at once. Hopefully at least one of them sticks for you though!

I haven't heard of that but think it's a great idea!
Good luck

Thank you for your replies :). Apparently my doc does that a lot to increase the chances and to avoid a no-transfer cycle in case the embryos do not reach blastocyst stage.

So i had my first transfer on Saturday and didn't do much since as I was still in a lot of pain from ER. And afterva sleepless night, we got the call this morning that we are up for a second transfer this afternoon. I don't know yet how many made it but I am super excited. Hope at least one will stick though wouldn't mind both :p

Great news, keep us posted! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"