Emergency appt with doc today

MustBeMummy

Reaction score
Woke at 5 am today with a migraine this morning. I always had them before but been worse since being pregnant. I was having one every week and they were lasting 3/4 days. I did mention it to the midwife at my 16week appt but she didn't say anything

This time last year I started passing out and fitting then when I woke it would take me a long time to come round and had slurred speech and felt drunk n exhausted. I had my brain checked with an e.e.g and everything was fine. No epilepsy or anything. I came off my medication I was taking for depression and touch wood I've not had one since.

So today when I woke at 5 with a banging head my husband got me two paracetamol and I went back to sleep for a while before the alarm went off for work. My head still hurt and I felt absolutely exhausted. I had slurred slow speech and could hardly open my left eye. Hubby got scared coz he's been there to witness these horrible fit things in the past. He called the doctor and I waited til 11.45 for them to call back.
I haven't really felt baby move since going to bed last night and still have the headache although I feel much more alert. He wants me to go in and be checked over now which has scared me. I wasn't worried before as I do.t normally feel baby move much till the afternoon when I get in from work around three. Now I've been walking up and down trying to get baby to move so I can feel something.
I have my 22 week midwife appt at 2.30 but the doctor still wants to see me at 2.10.
My imagination is working over time now. I'm only 22 weeks which means if something is wrong they won't save my little baby :'(
So worried now but I wasn't before the doctor phoned

Forgot to say I've got mastitis and seen the doctor twice about it and I've already had two lots of antibiotics and its still not gone I know this can make u feel ill too

Good luck I hope everything goes well! Let us know what they say xxx

Hey,
Try not to worry too much...the Dr has to see you as you have expressed some concern and I would presume he is concerend about your headaches and migranes too considering your history with fitting.
Im sure baby is fine, if his usual movements are in the afternoons im sure everything is fine.
Try not to pannic and make yourself stress more.
x

good luck hun xxx hope it's nothing serious

My husbands leaving work at 2 (he cant get away any sooner) so hopefully he will be there at some point. I think im feeling tiny little movements but ive also got some stabbing pains which i think is wind/constipation. My head does still hurt but i do feel better. Just worrying now. Leaving in 5 and hope there is nothing wrong.

Thinking of you, and hoping everything is okay.

Thanks for Ur thoughts been to doctor and my midwife. All seems ok. My bp is fine although there is a few "germs" in my urine and a trace of glucose but that's probably from the glass of ginger ale I had before I went in the attempt of getting baby moving.
Both midwife and doctor looked at my breasts as they are still quite pink and didn't really want to send me to the breast clinic as they agree the mastitis has probably gone its just an uncommon pregnancy symptom.
Took a while but found babies heartbeat. It was 140bpm. While she was looking for it I think mine stopped.
But all seems well and I got my matB1 form so I can sort out my maternity leave. Yay.

Well that was an eventful day I'm going to reward myself with a nice pancake tonight :)

So glad to hear all is well!! Get yourself some much deserved pampering!! :flower:

I think you should break out a nice treat and have a relaxing night! Maybe a warm bath and some chocolate? Yum! xxxx

I'm glad everything is ok. Take care of yourself and treat yourself to some pampering xxxxxx

I treated myself to pancakes but they were a disaster. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->