emergency csect and breastfeeding?

katieeandbump

Reaction score
so if we have an emergency one how do we go about feeding bubs if we r planning to breastfeed? i thought that even in csect they r placed onto u but iv been watching alot of programs on home and health nd all their babies seem to be whisked off? :wacko: do we hav to express? or do they giv a bottle 1st? x

My baby was checked over first in the same room as me, then was handed straight over to me :D

And as soon as i was stitched back up and in my room i was able to breast feed her. I dont no what they would do though if the baby was hungry and you were still being stitched up...

Hope that helps a lil

x

I had problems breast feeding after my section, i'm going to try it again this time, sometiems a c section delays lacation.

good luck

i have had 2 emergancy sections and both my babies were given a bottle feed while i was been sorted, my first section was under general and the second was spinal xxx

my first they took away with my OH and because i wanted to breastfeed they gave him a lil formula from like a mediciene cup so he could lap it. Once i was stiched up i could then breastfeed and he took well luckily.

My friend had one and she was under general because of complications, she didn't get to hold the baby for hours and hours and she still managed to breast feed no problelms.

I had an emergency c-sec and was breast feeding in the recovery room after being stitch up etc.

If you have any wishes etc. to be considered in the case of an emergency section you could add them to your birth plan and the midwife will discuss them with you when you get to l and d.

Kx

As far as i know, most people who have emergency sections breasfeed successfully, there milk just takes a day or 2 longer to come in but thats ok. As far as the first feed goes.. im sure they have a way of doing it.. not sure what it is, ask your mw, x

I have successfully breastfed 2 babies after c-section. An older mw told me to take raspberry leaf capsules after delivery because I thought I had lost my milk and they help with the supply. So I did and worked a treat no need to wait. Just make sure the mw knows how you feel and they will do all they can to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->