emergency midwife visit

nikkip

Mummy to 2!!
Reaction score
i had an emergency visit from the midwife yesterday. all weekend i was suffering a severe headache and blackouts.

i phoned my optician who said my eyes have been tested not long ago so to phone my gp who as i am now 16 weeks told me to call fetal assessment.

the midwife came around checked my bp which for the first time was normal and my blood level is low but not dangerous so all ok. with the headache ive got to have paracetamol every four hours for the next two days to prevent them. also got to go back on iron tablets.

the wonderful thing was she listened to the heartbeat and the placenta and alls well though my placenta is low but that may move. what happens if it stays low?

also can you use karvol when pregnant? as suffering with blocked nose at night such a pain cause its all dry!!

how scary for you. Glad all seems ok. Yep to karvol. Dont worry bout placenta. See where it is when they scan you.

I hope you start feeling better soon, must have been so worrying having the black outs eh.

Get better soon xx

I hope you start feeling better soon, must have been so worrying having the black outs eh.

Get better soon xx

yeah it was because i didnt know if it was m blood levels or my bp so was panicking a bit. x

Glad to hear you and baby are both alright. Headaches suck....and blacking out is scary! So glad your MW was able to visit you.

i had an emergency visit from the midwife yesterday. all weekend i was suffering a severe headache and blackouts.

i phoned my optician who said my eyes have been tested not long ago so to phone my gp who as i am now 16 weeks told me to call fetal assessment.

the midwife came around checked my bp which for the first time was normal and my blood level is low but not dangerous so all ok. with the headache ive got to have paracetamol every four hours for the next two days to prevent them. also got to go back on iron tablets.

the wonderful thing was she listened to the heartbeat and the placenta and alls well though my placenta is low but that may move. what happens if it stays low?

also can you use karvol when pregnant? as suffering with blocked nose at night such a pain cause its all dry!!

sorry to hear u had a rubbish weekend but glad baby doing ok.

i was told by my midwife and gp not to use decongestants only to use steam to clear my nose as some decongestants can cause adverse reactions, eg lavender, menthoyl and Levomenthol can lead to bringing on false or active labour!

i think one of them is in karvol! also studies on effects in pregnancy and breatfeeding with use of karvol has not been studied yet as some websites say and says best to seek medical advise!

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines//100003735.html
found this on net doctor whioch is how i knew not to use it!

Wow, thank goodness you've a good midwife like that! I'm so glad you're ok and it's nothing super scary x

Wow, thank goodness you've a good midwife like that! I'm so glad you're ok and it's nothing super scary x

hey yeah i am lucky it wasnt my midwife but another community midwife and she was lovely and when i moaned about my consultant saying i wanted the one i had with my first baby she rand the hospital immediately and got me back in with him i was so relieved as he used to always read my file thoroughly and listen to me!!

hope you're well too. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->